Let's Get to Know Each Other!

Options
12346»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I think I'm still about 10 lbs from my end of year goal...and all the holiday events with beer/wine are so not helping...however, I am still thinking I'll go into muscle building for January...I was going to do Jan-Mar with muscle building, but I may just do January and then switch to loss for Feb and alternate through June??? Maybe??? Nothing concrete yet, still trying to be flexible!
  • Dakotacole13
    Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think I'm still about 10 lbs from my end of year goal...and all the holiday events with beer/wine are so not helping...however, I am still thinking I'll go into muscle building for January...I was going to do Jan-Mar with muscle building, but I may just do January and then switch to loss for Feb and alternate through June??? Maybe??? Nothing concrete yet, still trying to be flexible!

Yes I know right
  • Dakotacole13
    Options

How’s the flexibility going? You getting where you wanna be?
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Am I getting where I want to be???

Yes and No

Yes, I have for several years been able to consistently gain muscle and loose fat. I have gone from 25% body fat to 20% body fat, then maintained there for a long time...then from 20% down to 18%, actually overshot that goal and was down to 17%...maintained there for the last 4ish months of this year...next year shooting for 15%...

No, every time I hit a goal there is always more right? We never really reach perfection. There is always room for improvement. Will I ever stop, really? Probably not. If I'm not actively working to be better than I am right now, then why am I even here?
  • Dakotacole13
    Options
    Am I getting where I want to be???

Yes and No

Yes, I have for several years been able to consistently gain muscle and loose fat. I have gone from 25% body fat to 20% body fat, then maintained there for a long time...then from 20% down to 18%, actually overshot that goal and was down to 17%...maintained there for the last 4ish months of this year...next year shooting for 15%...

No, every time I hit a goal there is always more right? We never really reach perfection. There is always room for improvement. Will I ever stop, really? Probably not. If I'm not actively working to be better than I am right now, then why am I even here?

To have the support you need to keep going and doing what you want to have
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options

So far I got through Thanksgiving and surprisingly lost weight. Christmas will be more of a challenge since I'll be away from home and not cooking. But I'll do my best.

I think being flexible will be the best because life is all about rolling with the punches. I'm still gonna focus on the number because I'm a numbers person. And I've been slowly headed towards that number for 1.5 years. I'm determined. I'm about 20lbs away from goal.

• mikeofeconomy
    mikeofeconomy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think about goals for next year...I'm thinking maybe try to gain some muscle Jan-Mar, then maybe see how that looks and go from there...

Anyone else planning for next year??? too soon???

Started planning for 2019 in September, so definitely not too soon. :smile:
    Losing weight is a secondary, maybe even tertiary goal for me. Ideal is probably about 10kg less than today.
  • Dakotacole13
    Options
    Way to go keep it up
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    December, I keep forgetting to get on the scale or do measurements, but I'm certain I didn't lose as much as I wanted to because I have not been super strict.

So, the NEW plan is Jan/Mar/May will be muscle building - I'm doing Arnold's workout from when he was Mr Universe, so that should be super intense...I'm a little concerned about how much time the workouts take since they are a lot of reps, but I'm really excited so I will find a way to fit it in...foodwise I will limit carbs and fat but not calories and not protein, and I will keep tracking because if I fall out of the habit it's such a pain to get back into it...I may try going full carnivore, we will see how that goes. Feb/April will be calorie cutting and maintenance level lifting plus lots of flex and core work using the modified P90X3 schedule.
  • Dakotacole13
    Options
    December, I keep forgetting to get on the scale or do measurements, but I'm certain I didn't lose as much as I wanted to because I have not been super strict.

So, the NEW plan is Jan/Mar/May will be muscle building - I'm doing Arnold's workout from when he was Mr Universe, so that should be super intense...I'm a little concerned about how much time the workouts take since they are a lot of reps, but I'm really excited so I will find a way to fit it in...foodwise I will limit carbs and fat but not calories and not protein, and I will keep tracking because if I fall out of the habit it's such a pain to get back into it...I may try going full carnivore, we will see how that goes. Feb/April will be calorie cutting and maintenance level lifting plus lots of flex and core work using the modified P90X3 schedule.

Way to go! Keep it up! I am here for you if you need someone’s help
  • Fatty2fab13
    Fatty2fab13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Andy
    Age - 32
    Height - 5'7

Highest Weight - 350

Current Weight - 260

Goal Weight - 160
  • Beary1974AU
    Beary1974AU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Jay
    Age - 44
    Height 181cm

Highest Weight 138kg

Current Weight 99kg

Goal Weight 84kg

Australia Here - Feel free to friend me!
  • effJR
    effJR Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm Jeff
    Height: 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 224
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal Weight: 175
  • anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dan
    Highest weight: 230
    Lowest weight: 8 lbs 9oz
    Current weight: 225
    Goal weight: under 200

Love being active and would love to lose weight to feel better and enjoy biking, cross country skiing, hiking, etc. Work stress and busy-ness is honestly biggest problem for me.
  • AlecLightwool
    AlecLightwool Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Age:15, yes I’ve gotten parental permission to be on here
    Height:5’3
    Current weight:128.4lbs
    Goal:110lbs
  • MVarghese418
    MVarghese418 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Height 5'9
    Highest weight 225 (230 if you go back to when i was at my worst in law school)
    Current weight 216 (woo-hoo)
    Goal weight 195
    Location Chicago