Breakfast

Options
chaitrex
chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
Breakfast is the meal I struggle with the most since going vegan.
Anytime I go for protein (love me some tofu scramble or oatmeal with nut butter) I feel like my fat macros start the day off high.

I don’t love fruit in the morning, but I’ve been trying. I do a smoothie with a half serving of orgain protein some mornings, but it always ends up being at least 300 calories, and I would rather forego processed protein.

My food diary is open if anyone has any advice, or even just breakfast recommendations you enjoy!
I’m curious if anyone tries to hit a minimum protein count in the morning. I think I might just need to focus less on macros, and more on eating a small portion of stuff I like.

Replies

• BrandiiPandii
    BrandiiPandii Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vegan pancakes with either peanutbutter or protein power. Its delicious and high in protein.
  • charbotkimzoid
    charbotkimzoid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What I've been eating for breakfast most days is chia seed pudding with blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries.
    https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-chia-pudding/
  • fitjp88
    fitjp88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Vegan yogurt! Also powdered pb has less fat then regular maybe add that to your oatmeal it is 1.5 grams per serving usually!
  • RealChange31
    RealChange31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I vote for overnight oats! Also, a good ol green smoothie with mango and lemon juice! Add seeds if you like.
  • candycanebec
    candycanebec Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll add my love of porridge (oatmeal) - I have a sachet of Quaker Instant which has 11g of protein and no fat. It's also really filling and adaptable with various add-ins. I like to add some ground flaxseed to mine to up the protein a bit as well as adding fibre and omega3 fats.
  • CathyGeha
    CathyGeha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made a mixed grain hot cereal and added in flax seeds, apple and some cinnamon. Or, sometimes have a nut butter on toast with additional nuts. I think protein over the day is probably more important than one meal alone. I had half an avocado smashed on toast with microwaved tomato on top the other day and it was also higher in fat but delicious. I am finding that I have less protein eating vegan than I do eating as I did before. I hope to make my own tofu and some seitan later today.
  • eels4peels00
    eels4peels00 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of oats like the previous posts, but I'll also go for the Bagel Sammie a couple days a week. Basically just a toasted everything bagel with spinach, tomato, hummus, avocado, whatever you fancy. It's filling and like 5 minutes to put together. You can make or find fat free hummus easily if you want to keep your fat low. I'll also do a stuffed sweet potato with tofu scramble or black beans and hummus. And then of course oats cooked with half water/half plant milk and a banana, topped with jam and berries.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another vote for overnight oats! I love them. I use a quarter cup of old-fashioned oats, a cup of non-dairy milk ( I like soy as it's creamy), a quarter cup of blueberries, a tablespoon of chia seeds and a tablespoon of ground flaxseed. Shake it all up in a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. It's delicious!