Starting back tomorrow

Options
AlyssaP1987
AlyssaP1987 Posts: 267 Member
Hello ♡ My name is Alyssa, I started my keto journey April 16th. I was strict keto for 6 months and lost 61 pounds. I got into a car accident September 21 and fell off the wagon. Keto changed my life in so many ways, I never felt better. But ever since the accident I have been doing horrible and back to eating crap. I feel like crap. I miss how amazing I felt on keto, but somehow keep sabotaging myself and eating carbs.

I am ready to go in full force again tomorrow. I know I am capable..I went a whole 6 months without cheating even being an option. Just looking for some encouraging words and maybe some new friends. ♡♡

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you went six months before you can do this!

It's funny, I ate a few carbs on thanksgiving and sort of thought it would be fun or rewarding. Instead it was more like meh and I didn't feel very good afterwards. It sure put some water weight back on too, five pounds worth.
  • libbymajewski
    libbymajewski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am ready to go in full force again tomorrow. I know I am capable..I went a whole 6 months without cheating even being an option. Just looking for some encouraging words and maybe some new friends. ♡♡ [/quote]

Hi @AlyssaP1987 I’m new to the group & just started Keto few weeks ago but have struggled a lot this past week & definitely looking for some support and new friends to share this journey. So sorry to hear about your car accident & setback. How are you doing since your post??
    ~Libby
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It really helps me to watch YouTube videos of keto Drs. I'm more motivated when doing for serious health reasons not just the weight loss.
  • alevbrant
    alevbrant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Once you get over that initial hump you'll be cruising! I slacked some during the holidays but had the same experience as rsclause above. I ate a baked good and it was actually disgusting I had to discreetly spit it out. so sicky sweet. (I ate plenty of chips though!) I started Keto around October and lost 8 pounds in about 2.5 months. Totally slacked the last month and now ready to get back to it. We can do this!