Introduction

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Summer. I'm back on the site after a long vacation. Not really a vacation, rather too ashamed and discouraged to communicate with successful people. However, I have renewed vigor and hope to see some great results. I'm middle-aged and ready to encouraged and be encouraged by others.

Replies

• wondy75
    wondy75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Summer! I also took a long break and am not too happy with myself for it. I hope this time around brings us closer to our goals. Good luck! Debra
  • gettinmyfitnessback
    Options
    Hi, My name is Patti. I’m 45 yo and I too, am back for another try at weight loss. I may not be successful at weight loss yet, but I am happy to celebrate five years cancer free. I have really struggled over the last five years to maintain my weight since my thyroid was removed and have been on Levoxythorine, I’m currently on 2x 175 mcg daily which is a huge dose, yet am still hypothyroid. That size dosage can cause heart problems. I’ve actually gained 40 pounds in the last year.... and my doctor tells me that that dosage should make me lose weight. I know losing weight when you’re thyroid hormone level is unstable will be an uphilll battle. But I’m going to focus on progress not perfection and make an effort every day to move in the right direction. Would love some accountability partners on the way😊! I will be on this journey for a while...

Happy 2019!
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Marg and I am also back after a long absence. I found I was very successful losing weight with MyFitnessPal and regret stopping my food recording as I regained the 35 lbs I had lost. My thyroid medication had been lowered after my weight loss but now has been increased again.

My husband passed away Nov 2017 and I have found living and eating alone a challenge this past year. I am now ready to begin the weight battle again.

Please add me as your friend.