Introductions

Options

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am bak on MFP after being off the wagon for way too long. Love the UAC and happy to back with you all!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    @bisonpitcher , how does one measure body fat? I am closing in on my maintenance zone, and will soon have to give extra attention to to strengthening / muscle toning rather than just cardio burn (mostly jogging on my mini-trampoline these days, but have a long history of all kinds of dance, so very good inner body-location-in-space sense, and am very aware of the importance of form / "feeling" the work in the right place.)
  • morte
    morte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, I’m finally here. My dear husband has been a member for some time :)
    I’m 53, doing keto and alternate day fasting. Have lost 25kg so far in seven months, 10-15 more to go (depending on how brave I am).
    I’ve been type 2 diabetic since the birth of our daughter 15 years ago, with all of the other metabolic conditions that go hand in hand with insulin resistance and obesity. So working hard to reverse insulin resistance as I burn weight.
    I don’t log food. When I eat, it’s low carb, under 20g a day, enough protein, fat to satiety.
    Hopefully that’s not going to push the group’s rules too much :)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hiya all. I'm back for my 5th or 6th attempt at the challenge. I have to be the biggest failure on here because I haven't made it to the winners circle once yet. There is a first time for everything though and so I hope this is it. Good luck everyone. Even though I keep failing, the challenge is really helping me stay motivated.
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi there all, my first time here with the challenge, just started MFP back up after a long break. I am 30 years old, married, I have two kids one is 2 and one is 4, I am medically retired from the army, stay at home dad and I have a strong willpower (when I put my mind to it). I almost made it to my goal last time I was on MFP but then went in for my back surgery and never really got back on the right track. Now I am back as close to 100% as I can be and I am ready to get after it. DISCIPLINE is what will get me to my finish line and DISCIPLINE is what will keep me on the right path once my goals have been met.

“The test is not a complex one: when the alarm goes off, do you get up out of bed, or do you lie there in comfort and fall back to sleep? If you have the discipline to get out of bed, you win—you pass the test. If you are mentally weak for that moment and you let that weakness keep you in bed, you fail. Though it seems small, that weakness translates to more significant decisions. But if you exercise discipline, that too translates to more substantial elements of your life.”
    Jocko Willink, Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win

Jocks Willink is great inspiration to me as far as motivation goes, I listen to his podcasts daily. I hope this place will be great for keeping myself accountable. Thanks for your time in reading my ramblings and I look forward to getting to know you all.

P.S. I don’t really have any friends on here so feel free to add me.
  • Mirboujourney
    Mirboujourney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is my first ultimate challenge. Feeling excited and determined! Have been yoyo dieting for years now and finally want to embark on a lasting healthy journey!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    davert123 wrote: »
    Hiya all. I'm back for my 5th or 6th attempt at the challenge. I have to be the biggest failure on here because I haven't made it to the winners circle once yet. There is a first time for everything though and so I hope this is it. Good luck everyone. Even though I keep failing, the challenge is really helping me stay motivated.

Don't feel like a failure! I've been with UAC since last February...I've only made the circle once. I don't feel like failure, because I've seen SO many positive changes and weight loss progress as a direct result of the challenge. Notably, that one month where I was in the circle, i saw the biggest weight loss. So it's the target goal I keep aiming for, but even when I've fallen short I've done well.
  • AlecLightwool
    AlecLightwool Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just joined, am 15, got parents permission no worries, trying to get rid of 30 pounds to help get ready for the Navy. NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS A GO
  • litvak64
    litvak64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined, 54 year old male looking for accountability... Need to lose 100 plus pounds.. figured this challenge might be a good way to start..
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    litvak64 wrote: »
    Just joined, 54 year old male looking for accountability... Need to lose 100 plus pounds.. figured this challenge might be a good way to start..

Pleased to have you join us. UAC is all about long term accountability...so jump right in! It is a journey we all share together.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @davert123, we only fail if we stop trying!! <3