manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Day off and I'm off to see the vet with my dog Babe (ophthalmologist for pre-breeding eye check).

Running errands on day off is par for the course for me, Rick. Always good to fit in something fun, but getting things done or being constructive is gratifying in its own way.

Time to seriously crack down and get back to being OP and making better choices.

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning. Hope Babe has a good checkup, Lee.

Reading Prevention.com article on Queen Elizabeth's good health, which says, "Research shows... that people who start their day with chocolate, cookies, or ice cream may be better able to manage cravings long-term." Hmmm. I've tried everything else....

Snowing lightly here this morning. Good hike yesterday. Trails were clear except icy patches here and there which you could easily step around, though would be treacherous if snow covered and hidden, or at dusk. DS didn't come-- was taking a nap. His P.O. job has him starting at 1 AM some days. We'll do it again another time. On the peak, air was so incredibly clear you could see snow covered Mt. Washington 126 miles away.

Lodge meeting didn't have usual cookies and coffee, so that was good.

Laundry, bills and grocery shopping today, if snow doesn't impact travel.

Have a great day.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Busy, but good, here in Kansas (Missouri as I type this.) The weather is supposed to be in the upper 40s to 50s through the weekend.

Not much else going on.

Mike, you and Dave have such wonderful sounding hikes. I'm going to have to try to figure a way to get some of that into my life, as well.

Have a great day!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning !! Another day off and DW is putting away Christmas stuff, Unfortunately, I'm not much help due to my muscle tear in my shoulder. I'll be headed to see the Ortho doctor on Monday for a consult. Well, have a great day guys! Keep on Tracking!!

Rick
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Feeling better, believe infection gone.
    I could go for chocolate and cookies every morning, afraid waist could not handle it; trying to get back down to size 34-36 pants by summer.
    Muscle tears can be worst and take longer than breaks to heal; hope they don't have to go in and reattach.
    We continue to have above normal temperatures with heavy rains,
    Having to drive DW into Atlanta today, planning on surgery on hand Tuesday.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I think we will take the decorations down this weekend. I still need to figure out how to redo our garage overhead storage and order the new racking system. A quiet day here cleaning up a bit and working on medical bills & budget. After PT yesterday my shoulder seems to be calm and I will be able to do my 2 workouts today for back, shoulder & knee. A short walk as well. Making a batch of Gavin's 10 can chili as well, though I will use beef strips which I will cut up after pan frying a bit. Cookies in the morning just sounds like a way to make the mountain steeper.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Still suffering some cold symptoms - more than three weeks of this crud. Enough, already!

Couldn't stand it, yesterday, so I took advantage of a dry-weather day and washed the car. I hate to leave road grime on the paint. Of course, it's raining today and the layer of grime will be quickly replaced, but at least I did something.

Glad you got out on a mountain, Mike. I need to get out myself. Probably a safe snow route, when my DS returns my snowshoes.