Introduce yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsT440
    MrsT440 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back into horses after about 22 years out of them. Boy, was my husband surprised. In my youth I was a good little hunter seat equitation rider. Lots of trail rides in my early 20's. Then I discovered dressage. That's what I've come back to. Currently half-leasing, and half-way back to my ideal weight after a high of 244 lb. Recently dipped below the 200-lb mark by doing food logging, and half-leasing a terrific sport-typy QH since last Nov. Just recently started morning walks once a week with a friend, so I have my cardio pretty well covered. My next goal is to find the will to do the core exercises that I need to be more than just a passenger on horseback. Bleah. I HATE core exercises.
  • rebecca5731
    rebecca5731 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Rebecca and I live in St Albans about 30 miles north of London. Almost 2 years ago I bit the bullet and Boris arrived he's a rising 10 16.2 ISH with more ID than TB after a change in coach and lots of work on his balance we have started to compete at dressage (online video classes to begin with due to the EHV) that's been around this autumn. I am entered into our first class in December and am already having forgot the tack nightmares about it!

We've both improved and learnt a lot over the last 13 months since I changed coach.

I'm losing weight to help improve my riding, to lose the extra I gained at the job I started in May and cause my hubby is 50 next year and had decided to book the holiday of a lifetime rather than have a party... there was no way I would put on a bikini without trimming up
  • rebecca5731
    rebecca5731 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha switched phones... this is Boris. bb35l3fhaujy.jpg
    tukc50jqbhal.jpg
    51u8pchkglro.jpg
  • F1ress
    F1ress Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am turning 41 this year and living in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom.

Joined this group for motivation and to make friends. My family owned horses when I was a child and I haven't ridden since I was about 22. Now, almost 20 years later I am determined to get back into the saddle!

I have a wonderful Irish Cob that I bought a year and a half ago as motivation to get riding fit again and so far the most I have got from him is in-hand work, grooming and cuddles, whilst my daughter has the pleasure of riding him and keeping him fit for me, as well as her own horse. I am so very much looking forward to our first mom n daughter hack together!!

Hoping this will be my year to finally have that break through and be healthy and fit enough to ride again :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

My boy, Jasper
    j70637f10xrc.jpg

• Newhannahrain
    Newhannahrain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old was born and raised in Florida.
    I need to lose about 35 pounds.
    I have 2 Tennessee Walkers and a 9 month old gaited john mule. My husband and I trail ride, we are in a trail riding/camping club and we camp with our club at least once a month in the fall/winter/spring.
    My parents have a place on the Suwannee river where we hang out on the river during the summer, I would love to look good in a bikini again, my brother commented I was wearing an old lady bathing suit this past summer :(
    Anyway I look awful in all my pics the past few years and hate seeing them, I want to look better again and feel good about looks again.

I am a binge junk eater. I have a boring but good job, so I tend to eat to pass the time at work and I over eat meals at home. I also haven't been as active as I need to be outdoors at home, ready for that to change.

• kpallo
    kpallo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to check to see if this group is still open? Last post was from Feb. 2017. I am 49 yrs old and live in Illinois. I have a 12 1/2 yr old AQHA bay roan that I've owned for 6 yrs now. I started riding a year before I purchased him. I had to loose 80 lbs to get in a lesson program. I have put on weight going through menopause and need a little inspiration to keep going and get back to my goal weight.
  • DTigger60
    DTigger60 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm a 48 year old re-rider after a 25 year absence. I rode as a child but did not start back until I was 42. Recovering from an old hip injury thanks to a freaky accident on my ex-mare which has kept me out of the saddle for about 6 weeks. Looking for motivation to get fit off the horse which will improve my time in the saddle
  • mlfanucci
    mlfanucci Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Not sure if this group is still active or not, but I'm looking for some MFP friends and fellow equestrians looking to lose weight. :) I'm 46 with a 26 year old Arabian gelding who is the light of my life.
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Maria and I am 30. I have been on and off with my fitness pal for years. I ride english and getting into western riding as well. I ride 3 or more times a week. I leased out my first horse and did my first show over this winter. I learned really fast and had to lease out a different horse that can challenge me and take me further in the show world. I now have a pinto, Arabian/saddlebred gelding named Jasper. He is a stunning boy. Jasper and I are getting ready for our first show next week. This will be my third show ever!
    Any ways I am also on the road to get my athletic body back after a really bad snowboarding accident 4 years ago and having surgery 3 years ago. I have already lost 20 pounds but still have a long ways to go.