Do you have a problem meeting the required minimum calories on MFP?

Options
JennaSpier
JennaSpier Posts: 4 Member
Hi all. I had my Roux-N-Y in July 2006. I began at 244 and got down to 115. Life struggles, 12 years, and 3 close family deaths later (my mom, dad, and little sister), I got back up to 196 pounds. I started getting serious with MFP (which I had stopped doing for a couple years) again in April 2018 and am now down to 183 with a long way to go. However, MFP won't give me the 5 week prediction or give me credit for completing my daily journal because on most days I have a really hard time meeting 1000 calories. Over the past 12 years i feel like my "pouch" has stretched and I was almost able to eat as much as everyone with a normal stomach. But thanks to the past several months of being diligent on MFP, my pouch seems to have shrunken back down and I just can't eat very much anymore. It is counter-productive for me to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry or to eat higher calorie foods just so I can meet the 1000 cal limit. What do you guys do to solve this problem?

Replies

• aleawilliams
    aleawilliams Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you eating multiple small meals a day? What did your surgeon recommend for daily intake?
  • stephaniwesterfield9370
    Options
    JennaSpier wrote: »
    Hi all. I had my Roux-N-Y in July 2006. I began at 244 and got down to 115. Life struggles, 12 years, and 3 close family deaths later (my mom, dad, and little sister), I got back up to 196 pounds. I started getting serious with MFP (which I had stopped doing for a couple years) again in April 2018 and am now down to 183 with a long way to go. However, MFP won't give me the 5 week prediction or give me credit for completing my daily journal because on most days I have a really hard time meeting 1000 calories. Over the past 12 years i feel like my "pouch" has stretched and I was almost able to eat as much as everyone with a normal stomach. But thanks to the past several months of being diligent on MFP, my pouch seems to have shrunken back down and I just can't eat very much anymore. It is counter-productive for me to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry or to eat higher calorie foods just so I can meet the 1000 cal limit. What do you guys do to solve this problem?

I am having same problem. Most days I can’t even get to 1000 cal per day. However, MFP has helped me increase protein. I have been doing the 1000 cal per day for a week and haven’t lost anything! And I have resumed exercise (power walking for an hour 3 times a week is all I can do ). So frustrated.
  • erqueenie
    erqueenie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If I haven't made minimum for the day I eat a pudding cup, regular, or something not to heavy. It is comforting and goes down easy. I have an 8mm ulcer at the RNYseam line which causes me to be careful so I don't eat wrong and get sick. Pudding or jello is minimum calories but satisfying.