Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
Mornin' men. Rise n' shine.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Making coffee in the French press... discovered I accidentally bought whole beans yesterday, and had to grind the beans this morning in my old fashioned meat grinder (Pat. 1892) Good arm workout to start off day.

Had a good day yesterday-- did laundry, errands, got in an hour hike around the state park, grocery shopped and didn't doze off till late evening. And slept 7-1/2 hours last night. Had planned a hike with old friends today, but raining and 33° this morning, so we cancelled.

Be OP !!
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I ate well yesterday, but didn't think that I went too crazy. Probably sodium, but I scaled at 199.6 this morning. I just CAN'T go over 200 again! I'm certainly going to have to figure out a plan B. I want to lose the weight, but I don't want to give up the comfort foods. Blah!

It is supposed to be great weather here today. I plan to do something outside today, but I don't know what that looks like yet.

Have a great day!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    OOf Mike rainy and 33° is just plain NASTY!! My DW defines nasty as below 40° with rain.
    Suppose to be windy here and rainy tonight.

Stay warm and dry all!!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Fun session at PT yesterday. Whoever invented pressure point release by a PT working thier fingers into the sore spot should be shot. A series of storms come in today for the next 4-5 days. At least the freezing evening temps are gone and it has warmed up at night. Staying inside today to finish cleaning up from Christmas so we can celebrate DWs BDay tomorrow.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Below 40 and raining pretty much sums up Portland in the winter, doesn't it? The summers make up for it, though.

Still clogged up, and coughing, but I plan to work in the shop. I noticed that the lights in there seemed dim. Inspection revealed that the fluorescent fixtures are full of dust from 17 years of woodworking. Since they are in the middle of a 12 foot ceiling, they are harder to get to than I'd like, so taking the covers off and blowing them out will be a bit of an adventure. I'll be careful.

Big game this evening. Go Seahawks!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Raining here in the Northeast as well today. We have to make the best of it anyway. Still trying to stay OP with my tracking. I need to get in some physical activity in!!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    They work inflamed area till it hurts worst, so that when they quit it feels good in our minds.
    If you go to a pain clinic they will teach you that pain is a mindset which I agree with till its my pain.
    7 1/2 hours sleep sounds good
    Be careful working on lights, we break easier the more we age.
    60's here next few days without rain, problem is its been so wet last few weeks ground is soaked, can't walk out in backyard without miring up.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Afternoon gents.

Chowing on a low cal pheasant soup, trying to be good.

Hot soup always seems to clear my sinuses.

LOL, Sam. Pain is a mindset until it's mine. Too funny.

Raining and 40 degrees here. Yuck.

Be OP ;-)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Sam I am back at the Pain Clinic for a check in (and med refills) this week. Why they have never preached pain as a mindset they did start me on working on my emotional response to pain and handling that through mindfulness meditations etc. as the first line of defense. When I went into counseling for depression over all this, one of the counselors was supposed to teach mindfulness and how it really was the answer. After some debate I ended up yelling at her that sometimes it just wasn't enough, didn't work and pain won on those days. Thankfully my main counselor decided to cancel that approach to things since I was already doing mindfulness and the other woman was a bit new and rigid in her ways.