PCOS

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
Ladies,

How long have you been doing Keto?

How long before you saw improvements on your PCOS?

What improvements have you noticed?

PCOS and weight-loss are my reasons for doing Keto... would love to hear how it has benefited you regarding PCOS.

Replies

• erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I have pcos, but I did notice that my periods came earlier for a couple months, so keto most definitely does something to our hormones. After the first few months, they regulated and I have had less bleeding and less cramps. I have also noticed that my skin is less oily and I have less clogged pores. I have been doing keto/ low carb for almost a year and a half.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but do keto for migraines...I notice some improvement almost immediately...after about 100 days there was a more dramatic improvement (no migraines even with exposure to triggers)...and now it's been just over a year.

I don't know if the response to PCOS would follow a similar timeline, but if so, definitely give it at least 100 days...I don't know why that time would be important, but I definitely noticed some kind of additional shift around that time period.
  • siniwa26
    siniwa26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my first round of keto towards the end of 2016, had a break over Christmas then went back to it. I did it for 3 weeks solid when I first started and saw a fair few changes. I also have IBS and it improved that too, and my eczema. 😁💪

Benefits for my PCOS:
    Regulated my periods
    I get really bad cramps and joint inflammation, totally got rid of that by the second cycle
    Lifted my mood and energy levels
    Balanced blood sugar (even though I do take Metformin for my PCOS)

I hope that helps :)
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    erika_307 wrote: »
    I don’t know if I have pcos, but I did notice that my periods came earlier for a couple months, so keto most definitely does something to our hormones. After the first few months, they regulated and I have had less bleeding and less cramps. I have also noticed that my skin is less oily and I have less clogged pores. I have been doing keto/ low carb for almost a year and a half.

I did get my period a few days earlier than expected, and the flow was a bit different...so I can see THAT change!

Ohhhhh, I hope I get to see the changes in the skin...oily and big ol' pores over here!
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but do keto for migraines...I notice some improvement almost immediately...after about 100 days there was a more dramatic improvement (no migraines even with exposure to triggers)...and now it's been just over a year.

I don't know if the response to PCOS would follow a similar timeline, but if so, definitely give it at least 100 days...I don't know why that time would be important, but I definitely noticed some kind of additional shift around that time period.

I plan to stick to it till the end of the year...it will be around the 100 day mark, so fingers crossed for improvements!
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    siniwa26 wrote: »
    I started my first round of keto towards the end of 2016, had a break over Christmas then went back to it. I did it for 3 weeks solid when I first started and saw a fair few changes. I also have IBS and it improved that too, and my eczema. 😁💪

Benefits for my PCOS:
    Regulated my periods
    I get really bad cramps and joint inflammation, totally got rid of that by the second cycle
    Lifted my mood and energy levels
    Balanced blood sugar (even though I do take Metformin for my PCOS)

I hope that helps :)

@siniwa26 - That is awesome! I am looking forward to the mood and energy levels!

I really wanted to know if anyone noticed a difference with hair, either the one falling off the head or the one growing on the chin...unfortunately, I have both.

• KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have pcos. I found that more hair falling out on my head with keto, but I got new hair growth after a few months back to how it was.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and have started Keto today so all new to me this