January 5 sign in

Options

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @KLD145
    It’s okay to post your personal opinion and make non-commercial recommendations. We can’t promote anything that we are trying to sell; poliitical opinion; or derogatory expression
  • shirgify
    shirgify Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 60 min indoor cycling at the gym and strength training upper body focus
    Calories: Yes, ate all my exercise calories, with 3 to spare haha. Hungry day, plus had a nice donut treat.
    Tracked: Yes, everything.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y
    Mostly inside, but I got out for a good long walk in the evening--very pleasant, helped me stay under the calorie limit.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Even the term "diet" has the same double-meaning challenge these days. In everyday usage, it is taken to mean "temporary food intake reduction that will eventually come to an end when the number of the scale is what I want".

As a result of this shift, we have started using the term "lifestyle" to convey the original sense of the term "diet".

It's original, nutritional-science and biological meaning is "the natural food intake for this animal" as in "koala bears consume a diet of mainly eucalyptus leaves (gum leaves)."

I find the evolution of language fascinating ....

@BMcC9. The literal dictionary meaning of "diet" and the social connotation of "diet" when talking about people in a western culture is very different. I started using the term "lifestyle" as the social connotation of "diet" does not convey the meaning I was trying to express.

It is fascinating how language evolves.

(btw, they are not "koala bears" they are "koalas". A "koala" is a marsupial and not related to any member of the bear family. Being Australian, I see this a lot from non-Australians. :) ).
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    January 5
    2 X 20 minute walks
    Under calorie goal
    All intake logged.