Better start on Keto..RD 2

Options
Housegoat
Housegoat Posts: 20 Member
Going to give this a real shot, tried for about 6 weeks last year but was way too boring and lost interest in eating the same foods daily... Spend a lot of time in gym lifting and also doing elliptical for cardio at least 3 days a week..

CW 285, looking to get to 259.9 as my 1st bigtime goal..

---
*Generated by [Keto Calculator](https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com) 9.13*

6'2" | CW 285 | 37% BF | Moderately active

* 2329 kcal Goal, 25% deficit
* 25g Carbohydrates
* 200g Protein
* 159g Fat

----

Replies

• RNW14
    RNW14 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree, variety is the key. This time around I’ve made it a point to find 1-2 new recipes a week to keep things interesting. There are actually several recipes that are simple and don’t require a lot of fancy ingredients. Good luck making your goal!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Funny, because for me I find keeping it simple (and very often redundant) helps me stick to it better. Takes the "hmmmm, what do i want to have today" out of eating.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I first started keto I would look up so many different things to eat and there are a lot out there, but then it turned into I want this and this and this all at the same time and I ended up overeating all the time. This time around I've just kept it simple and have stuck to the same foods and it has been much better! Plus when it's not something new I can eat to fullness and not just keep eating. I also I got burned out the first week or so back but now it's what I crave. You start looking at foods differently than before. Good luck!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I keep a fully stocked pantry most of the time, so I can switch up the flavors, cooking style, sauces, sides of whatever protein source I have. Usually have bacon, steak, chicken, shrimp, salmon in the freezer. And eggs, avocado, canned tuna, lunch meat, cheeses for something quick. All sorts of condiments, spices, and whatever produce looks good. I never get bored of steak or buffalo wings LOL
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    For me the spices are key. Adding a rub to chicken can change it from Jerk chicken, to lemon pepper chicken, to curried chicken, onion gravy chicken, all using the same chicken.
  • Housegoat
    Housegoat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.. Definitely reading to get some variations.. I think I ate enough Chicken jalapeno popper casserole for all of us!!!!!