Bmi 70+ friends - pre or post-op

Options
Looking for people with high bmi either just getting the surgery or have just gotten the surgery to be friends with.
My surgery is scheduled for the 17th. I'm a few days into my preop diet, and my bmi is around 70.

Replies

• time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My BMI was 67 when I first saw my weight loss surgeon. I had the sleeve in August 2017 and So far I have lost 72 kg (158 lbs).

Best of luck with your surgery, and keep us updated with your progress 😀
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a BMI about 55 when I started back in August of 2015! I'm currently 156, trying to lose 16lbs, 14lbs that crept up on me, 2lbs more to get to my goal!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My BMI was 47 (318 pounds) when I had the sleeve. I will be honest I had to use a BMI calculator to figure it up just now because I had no idea what it was back then. I can’t even tell you what it is right now. I do know I’m still in the “overweight “ category though. I’m 5’9” and did get down to 163 pounds (which put me in the normal range) but I felt I looked almost anorexic, so I purposely gained to the 180 pounds I now weigh. Now that I’ve gotten used to seeing myself this size I’m going to lose back to a 165-170 range and hold there for a while, which will put me back down into the normal range of BMI for me.

I’m not 100% sold on the BMI chart though, and feel, as some others do, that it’s an arbitrary number that insurance companies put on us to ultimately try to make us weigh a certain amount. I believe we should go with where we feel best.

Hang in there with the pre op diet! You can get through this!!
  • SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I had a BMI of 53 when I started! Pre op is hard, but it's worth it in the long run 😊 I'm 5 weeks post op from VSG. Feel free to add me!