January 7 sign in

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Jan 7
    Yes x 3
    Deficit is 500 lower... still great! (Apple Watch turned on accidentally.)

I walked super fast (for me!)

8iyfoxe9nlg6.png
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oh, as to the lead in today from Rick. I forgot to comment on the positive results on being accountable. This has been the key for me. It's kind of like you challenge yourself but you have to let everyone know how you did. Hence the motivation to succeed. We see the positive results of like minded ones so we ourselves want to do the same. This has helped me to be successful finally.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    oneillm45 wrote: »

We have a birthday meal out near the end of January for my partner's mother so I am planning a pass day for that, plus one for a possible girl's night in at some point. I still plan to log and exercise those days but even with that, I imagine calories will be over.

That's what the planned passes are for ,,,, log anyway ..... and at some post-event date review the choices in context of the whole event-day to see if you might do something a bit different (or not) under very similar future circumstances.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, weights in the morning, walk at lunch
    Tracked everything:yes, even though I did have to go back and add my coffee cream because I had forgotten to log it
    Calories: yes, a smidge under
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    January 7, 2019: Pass #1

Woke up sore after four straight days at the gym (still not quite where I was a month ago.) Too cold and couldn't find the time around work to take a brisk walk. Had plans in the evening. Work stress then caused me to eat a little too much anyway.

On to the next one!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Exercise : Yes - 15 min dumbbell workout plus some walking
    tracking : yes
    calories : yes but barely.

I wasn't very happy with my eating, it wasn't very healthy. At around 3 pm I got very hungry and ate a lot of fried food. I was over my calorie goal at that point, then went for a walk to compensate.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1/7/19
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pass Day, and pass day total is 7.
    I was out all day shopping for plants in my apartment. Got 4 beautiful plants!! I did track my calories, but I ate out for lunch and dinner which killed my calorie range.

For today's discussion, I need the accountability and I am thankful for this group so much! This accountability is showing me where my areas that need to be corrected, for example, last-minute drive-thru runs that need to be changed by meal planning or a healthier "plan b" option. Plus the daily posting is developing my tracking habits again - which also includes portion control by measuring foods on my scale.
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Jan. 7

Exercise: Yes, walking

didn't eat great but stayed to my calories. rough day but it will get better.

going to work hard to do better this month 🌟
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yes to all
    Much more mindful of what eating and will do my best to keep this way. One day at a time
  • BMcC9
    Options
    srufus wrote: »
    Exercise : Yes - 15 min dumbbell workout plus some walking
    tracking : yes
    calories : yes but barely.

I wasn't very happy with my eating, it wasn't very healthy. At around 3 pm I got very hungry and ate a lot of fried food. I was over my calorie goal at that point, then went for a walk to compensate.

A++ on the self-awareness! " went for a walk to compensate" so you could still reply YES (even if only barely)!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Date: January 7
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • BMcC9
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Pass Day, and pass day total is 7.
    I was out all day shopping for plants in my apartment. Got 4 beautiful plants!! I did track my calories, but I ate out for lunch and dinner which killed my calorie range.

For today's discussion, I need the accountability and I am thankful for this group so much! This accountability is showing me where my areas that need to be corrected, for example, last-minute drive-thru runs that need to be changed by meal planning or a healthier "plan b" option. Plus the daily posting is developing my tracking habits again - which also includes portion control by measuring foods on my scale.

you are still the learning phase, and doin' great on the showing up / reporting part! The rest will come.

Think of January as your personal "beta-test / apply lessons learned as I go" with February as your target "Full Release on Personal Action Plan"
  • BMcC9
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jan. 7

Exercise: Yes, walking

didn't eat great but stayed to my calories. rough day but it will get better.

going to work hard to do better this month 🌟

You got all YES's ... you showed up and reported .... you are ALREADY "doing better"! Keep on chugging through one day at a time!