Looking for friends to help me through the festive season!

Options
Hi all,

looking for friends to help support and motivate through the festive period. I've been doing fairly well but don't want to be de-railed by my alcohol intake over new years! there must be others in the same boat?

If so please send me a message/ post here

Thanks

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink, but I'm a runner and I eat a zero carb / carnivore diet. During the race season, I tend to get rungry and still gain a bit of weight despite eating only meat (if I ate plants, I would gain a whole lot of weight).

So this is the time of year, right after my last race, where I follow a modified PSMF diet that is zero carb, very low fat, and moderate protein. The idea is to shed a lot of body fat quickly during the early part of the off-season, then return to training as soon as possible to make next year better. Cutting excess body fat is basically the first phase of training for next year.

Anyway, this is the time of year when I'm cutting way back and it is also the time of year when socially, it is most difficult to cut way back. In short, I get it. I'll send a FR.
  • carolynsutton6
    carolynsutton6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo dreading this time of year! I love everything food about this season, so that's been the hardest part for me. I've tried finding some protein bars that mimic the sweets I love and that has seemed to help a bit - that and sugar-free syrups for my coffee!
  • pablodeleon1112
    pablodeleon1112 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained 30 pounds in the last year and just started Keto yesterday. Want to start exercising again after not doing anything for nearly 4 years. Help!!!