Anyone doing any Jan 2019 challenges/programs?

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
I have been feeling a bit complacent as of late and am looking for something that can help me step it up moving into the new year. I have maintained my weight loss for the most part (hovering around a year now) even with a move out of state and job changes but my goal to tone up has not been as successful. I feel myself getting "fluffy" and know I need to step back into it before I lose what I have worked hard for. I am sure some of us feel like me from time to time and can relate. If any of you ladies are doing any challenges or trying new programs I'd love to hear about it.

I currently use resistance bands up to 20lbs and use light dumbbells (5-10lbs) in addition to my own body's resistance.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    since nobody else has chimed in here...
    I'm not doing any formal/organized challenge. I am, however, committing to an approx 4-month endeavor to just try to get shredded. I'm gonna be tinkering with my diet and training a bit on my own, predominately following a plan but also doing a bit of a mashup just to keep it more interesting and since it's really just an experiment on my part.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    My goal for the 1st quarter of 2019 is to continue to focus on strength training. I slowed down with the cardio mid year and can see that at my age (41) strength training is what my body needs. I have a bad lower back and am working with a chiro to help get me on track. I lack upper body strength thus the light weights. With so many options for exercise it can be exciting and overwhelming at times. I do know that my end game is to lift heavier however long that takes and if I even can with my back. For right now I am alternating between 4-5 core moves for upper, mid and lower.

Thank you for chiming in JBanx256. If there are any go to moves that you enjoy I'd love to hear about them. I have been on my journey for a long time but strength training is still fairly new to me.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot you a friend request - I post my workouts (movements, etc, not weights/sets/reps). And yeah back injuries SUUUUUUUUCK! I've got a recurring S.I. issue that I aggravate from time to time & it's just a suffer-fest. I absolutely LOVE my chiro tho.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Dedicate challenge by Yoga with Adrienne.
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah do all the challenges at the Y that are not classes or running.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    @roamingtiger I am doing that program too. I started a bit late so I'm only on day 4. Trying to do it with my boyfriend but motivating him is the hardest part! He never wants to do it but he'll be annoyed if I do one without him!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I'm working on dedicating a few days a week for strength training while staying within my 30-35 min time limit. I'm doing an arm day and a leg day during the week and devoting a day on the weekends for a full body. I rotate the moves but tend to have a few fave workouts.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My challenge is sticking with the same program, Strong Curves full body 3x/week, a mix of the beginner and advanced program. I’ve had great results with it but it’s been 18 months now, so the goal is to stay consistent and use accessory work to keep things fresh.