January 9 sign in

Options

Replies

• Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Barre class, followed by a 60 minute Hatha yoga class in the morning, and a 60 minute Heated Flow yoga class this evening.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • Thomasgrenaud
    Thomasgrenaud Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    zorrocat wrote: »
    January 9, 2019:
    I got a new food scale for my desk at work and measured everything.

Nothing better than a scale. I've always been tempted to buy one for traveling...but then thought it might be overkill to be weighing and measuring everything on a cruise! I, religiously, use one at home everyday, though. :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 48 minutes on the mini-trampoline PLUS 2 x 7 minutes HIIT on the bike for a total of over 300 exercise calories today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, left ~ 100 exercise calories in the bank but DID eat the rest.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    January 9, 2019

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 58 minutes of strength training (focus bis, tris and shoulders) plus abs, and over 12,000 steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep, under yet again! :D

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,892 Member
    Options
    1/9
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I learned something today...I need to affirm you all more often by telling you what I believe which is that if you stick with this team...you are a winner!!
    My report:
    Exercise: finally, I felt sound enough to go for a desert hike at dawn. Total time at 3.5 mph was 75 minutes
    Calories: no problem and way under
    Tracking: good
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (70 min at gym on stationary bike)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Finally, I felt sound enough to go for a desert hike at dawn. Total time at 3.5 mph was 75 minutes

So pleased you are feeling some positive results and ready for some hiking.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, had to walk after work because my lunch hour ended up not happening.
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes,under by a bit
  • madsenhollie
    madsenhollie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 40 min treadmill
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes vera climber was hard 30 min!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, another high craving day
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. Thinking im drinking too much
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation @RangerRickL

Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: yes, 25 min strength training and 60 min cleaning
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Jan. 9

Exercise: 2.5 hours of coaching ( hitting ground balls, fly balls etc.)

Calories: Yes. I normally use net calories for goal. My calories off my Garmin still wont upload to the site because of tech issues from MFP (still has me at 451 steps all day when my watch had me at over 7000). But my gross calories were under my net calorie goal, so I'm going to call this a yes.

Tracked: Yes.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    shirgify wrote: »
    Exercise: Yes, 60 min circuit/strength training lower body focus. Then had a 60 min walk/zombie jog with my daughter.

Calories: Yes, right on

Tracking: Yes

What is a zombie 🧟‍♀️ jog? Maybe I missed it earlier but I’m picturing you two acting like zombies, moaning about brains and dragging your feet as you jog.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello to all you winners!!

Yes x 3

I was still a little sore from all that skiing yesterday but got in upper body weights and core for about 40 min and then moderate bike for 30 min. Felt good.

I walk a fine line between measuring my food to count the calories/nutrients, and not being too obsessive about it. I don’t have a food scale but I do measure (well, usually). I don’t eat meat, but can see where a scale would would be particularly important for that. Does anyone think a scale is better than measuring spoons and cups for other things?
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Does anyone think a scale is better than measuring spoons and cups for other things?

I’m a big fan of using my scale for just about everything even my veggies (I track carbs). The only things I don’t use the scale for are things like salad dressing, sour cream or mayo or powdery things like finely grated Parmesan, spices or cocoa powder. Those get measured by the spoons or cups.
    We actually have 2 scales in the kitchen and a large collection of measuring tools. It took some time to adjust but it’s 2nd nature now for both of us to measure everything. I also now have a very good sense of exactly what an ounce of most things I eat looks like, I feel like I can track pretty accurate away from home because I weigh everything at home.