January 9 sign in

Options
13»

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Jan 7/8/9 Yes Yes Yes. Mainly walking the dog but I've had a couple of midnight walks as well :-)
    So far still only 1 pass day.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Hello to all you winners!!

Yes x 3

I was still a little sore from all that skiing yesterday but got in upper body weights and core for about 40 min and then moderate bike for 30 min. Felt good.

I walk a fine line between measuring my food to count the calories/nutrients, and not being too obsessive about it. I don’t have a food scale but I do measure (well, usually). I don’t eat meat, but can see where a scale would would be particularly important for that. Does anyone think a scale is better than measuring spoons and cups for other things?

If you are progressing well and steadily (and "a tablespoon of PB" for example is a leveled tbs not an overflowing scoop) you are probably doing reasonably well ... if over-obsessiveness might be a barrier issue for you. Better than always only eyeballing everything, for sure.

That being said, if you ever find yourself in an extended plateau ....... scales are more accurate for pointing out slippage and that you are actually eating more than you credit yourself for ... which is often at the root of extended plateaus ....

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, barely
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

Rick, love the intro to this thread. This is my third month and I really want to make it to the winner's circle. It is not an easy feat.

I have been traveling and therefore not eating my regular food. I did not get to log it until late. I was sure I was over. Instead I found out I was within my calories after all and more motivated than ever to keep going. Mentally I have a problem of when I go over of just giving up which is why I like the pass days but I wasn't quite ready to use one just yet. My point is... I am grateful for having logged my food because otherwise I would probably continue the overeating thinking I had had a bad day. That was how the old me functioned many times in the past. Happy to be here.
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1/9/19
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 20 tredmill
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Date: Jan 9
    Exercise Tracked In MFP: Treadmill off day, but 20 minutes of activity today
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: No
    Extra:
    Daily Water Goal: No
    Pass Day Count: 9
    Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Date: Jan 9 Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

Pleased to see you are still on board. Persistence in posting will, eventually, lead to healthy lifestyle changes. :)
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yes to all
    Another better choice victory for me
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1/8
    Exercise: Yes, 3.5 mile walk. Finally over the cold I had and feeling much more energetic.
    Calories: Yes, but right up to my “maintenance level” due to evening snacking. ;)
    1/9
    Exercise: Yes, weights workout at home. Normally I do body weight and dumbbell exercises for about an hour 2 or 3 times a week. I slacked off during the holidays (lots of walking however) and this is the first time I’ve picked up a weight in a month. Thrilled that I didn’t quit halfway through my routine! :) so I did feel like a winner, cause I overcame my inertia and did my workout!
    Calories: Yes, at a slight deficit even! I ate at maintenance during November and December, and it’s been a struggle to return to eating less calories since 2019 started. But I really want to lose those last few vanity pounds, so I’m back to super tight tracking and shaving off a few calories here and there. :)
  • Michelllecx7
    Michelllecx7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes however not my best today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

A bit exhausted today. Over did it last night. However still going on. Not going to give up.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Planned pass for the 9th
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    1/9
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Exercise Yes 30 min walking
    Calories yes all under limit
    tracking yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    zorrocat wrote: »
    January 9, 2019:
    I got a new food scale for my desk at work and measured everything.

Nothing better than a scale. I've always been tempted to buy one for traveling...but then thought it might be overkill to be weighing and measuring everything on a cruise! I, religiously, use one at home everyday, though. :)

@w8goal4life
    I’ve been searching for a small scale to keep in my bag! :)
    lalabank wrote: »
    Does anyone think a scale is better than measuring spoons and cups for other things?

I’m a big fan of using my scale for just about everything even my veggies (I track carbs). The only things I don’t use the scale for are things like salad dressing, sour cream or mayo or powdery things like finely grated Parmesan, spices or cocoa powder. Those get measured by the spoons or cups.
    We actually have 2 scales in the kitchen and a large collection of measuring tools. It took some time to adjust but it’s 2nd nature now for both of us to measure everything. I also now have a very good sense of exactly what an ounce of most things I eat looks like, I feel like I can track pretty accurate away from home because I weigh everything at home.

@phoebelayla @lalabank
    I switched to scale when I saw many chef’s use weight rather than measuring cups/spoons. I find it easier, less to clean, and when making a soup or salad, it’s easy to taste, and then add next ingredient.

We have two scales in kitchen, too. And I have an old one up in bedroom (I take my breakfast there to eat - warmer!) in case I don’t finish something, I can subtract its weight. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jan 9
    Yes x 3
    30 min HIIT Ex Bike.
    Back on track!!
    qx58i7gctjf1.png
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options