2 meals a day

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
Is anyone doing 2 meals a day?
If yes what do you normally eat?
How many cards /kcal do you eat in a day?
Do you eat breakfast /lunch or lunch /dinner?
How long have you done it for and has it help you on your weight loss?

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Two meals per day has been our normal routine for many many years, long before we started trying to lose weight.

Our typical routine is firstmeal at around 10:00 and secondmeal at around 16:00, though that varies from day to day depending on other demands and schedules etc. On average tho, firstmeal is typically a spicy stirfry, and secondmeal is usually some roast pork or less often, steak. There are always exceptions of course.

The terms 'breakfast', 'lunch', and 'dinner' aren't particularily relevant in this case. 'breakfast' is literally whatever you eat to break your fast, regardless of what it is or what time of day you eat it. If you want to think of it like that though, we eat two 'dinners' and no 'lunches' or 'breakfasts'.

Carbs & calories vary widely and depend on where we are in our dieting, but aren't connected to how often we eat. If you try two meals per day you should be getting the same amount of calories and the same macros you would eat if you were taking three meals.

For us, two meals per day is more about intermittent fasting and saving time.

As for how helpful it has been, I believe it's helped. It's certainly more convenient and suits our lifestyle better.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I usually end up with two “meals” a day. I will call my first meal of the day brunch (between 10 and 11 am)and it will keep me satisfied until supper time (usually between 6 and 7 pm). But, as the othe comment stated, it’s still getting the same amount of calories per day. Those calories are needed to maintain the metabolism. If you get into too great of a deficit you can make the metabolism slow down which defeats the purpose of weight loss attempts.

If I wake early, which does happen for my job, I split the day into three meals. So I vary from day to day based on my work schedule.

What I eat on a two meal day:
    Two eggs scrambled (or omelette) , 2-4 ounces sausage (or bacon but I find sausage is not filling for me) and 2-4 ounces of sharp cheddar

Supper:
    4-6 ounces of any meat with a side of a low carb veggie sometimes and a homemade hollandaise sauce (sometimes I skip the veggies and just eat more meat and have a more carnivore day instead).

Sometimes snack during the day:
    Any one of these: cheese stick, slim Jim (or two), beef jerky, macadamia nuts, pork skins

This woe was very effective for weight loss, and now maintenance for about three years.

Best of luck to you!!
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. My work pattern are all over the place. Sometimes 8am to 3 pm other times 12 noon to 6pm, both times mess me about when trying to plan ahead, and being very busy at work means i don't get time to eat which means i end up eat at different times, but reading your reply i can see it doesn't matter.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I travel frequently for work and often fall into a 2 meal a day pattern. I plan what I'm eating in a general sense so I know where I will end for the day but I don't worry about the specific macros or caloric load of each meal.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    My normal is two meals a day. I try to always make them between 11 AM and 6 PM. I don't have a work schedule to work around.

The advantage you have with that schedule is you can easily mix it up, which is a good thing. Changing it around does not train your body to want food at a certain time. Just eat a meal before you leave for work and eat another when you return, irregardless of what times that may be. Just don't eat meals within 3 hrs. of your bedtime, as that seems to work well for most people. Along with no snacking this should work ok for you. Give it a whirl and see what happens.

Good luck sorting yourself out.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 meals a day. 12.30pm then 7.30pm. Lunch is chicken, egg, cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and protein bar. Dinner is always meat, sometimes on its own sometimes I add an egg or some sort of vege.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift so i fast while at work and fast when i get home and sleep. So I fast from 11pm-3pm and my eating window is 3pm-11pm. By the time i get my girls from school take them to dance,softball, and any more appointment my wife has made im lucky to get 2 meals in :D . When i wake up to break my fast i try to have a small meal between 400-600 cals and a powerade zero or my fizz drink. then i have a big supper 1000-1200 cals. Then if i still have some macos left i drink a bullet proof coffee on the way to work to hit my macos. Life gets busy and you just have to keep on gettin on!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat lunch and dinner...generally a snack between them too...lunch lately has been scrambled eggs and cheese...dinner is all over the place, but some kind of meat.

This weekend was a snow weekend for me, so we had cheeseburger soup and chili because crock pot meals are amazing for cold weather!!!

My calorie goal is 1756, but I'm not being strict about that this month so some days are more and some days are less.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I eat twice a day normally fasting for 16-18 hours before eating. I can’t say I’ve seen any difference on the scale in the year i’ve done this as my body is currently in a phase of saying “nope, not dropping another pound”. Some days I wake hungry but find a big glass of water normally does the trick til lunchtime. Lunch is normally a salad with protein and dinner is usually meat and vegetables.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm a two-meal-a-day person.

Coffee only in the morning.
    Lunch around noon, usually a bunch of finger-food items like pepperoni, cheese, pickles, deli meat, celery & peanut butter.

Then I'll eat dinner around 6. Usually just meat + salad, or some kind of keto casserole, stew or dish.