Introductions Please

Options
Tell us about yourself, your fitness goals and of course all about your love for Disney.

Replies

• DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    December 1993.
    I went to Walt Disney World for the very first time with my prince charming. We just got engaged after dating for Three months. Everything was wonderful. I had never traveled out of my state or been on an airplane. I had no idea what Walt Disney World was all about and honestly at that time didn't get it. Rob was from a Disney Family and he planned everything. We landed at MCO and I was just blown away with Orlando Airport, so bright, clean and a MONORAIL! Took Mears to our Resort Dixie Landings now called Port Orleans - Riverside. BEAUTIFUL! I loved this resort, check-in was amazing, it looked like something out of old southern hotel. Our first park was the Magic Kingdom, the wave of happiness flooded me the minute I stepped onto Main Street U.S.A. seeing Cinderella's Castle, (Happy Tears) the rest of the day is a blurr. We brought in the New Year at Pleasure Island, Live performances, dancing, The Adventurers Club and Fireworks! We ate at all his favorite restaurants. The night at San Angel Inn was so romantic saw IllumiNations that night. We would celebrate New Years at Walt Disney World for the next 23+ years. Now we visit Walt Disney World around our family's schedule.

I have been eating vegan for over 3 years now. My change was pretty easy, at the time my teen aged daughter was eating vegan and as a mom I was concerned that she was eating well. I began cooking well balanced vegan meals for her to insure she was getting all she needed in her new diet. I read a lot about being vegan and a ton of recipes. After a while I decided to just cook everything vegan and cook meat as a side for the guys. Everything in my fridge over time was swapped out for vegan and most processed foods are gone.

Eating vegan I feel 100% better. My hair and skin look amazing and I am just happier.

DVC Cruise on the Fantasy August 2017

2cdvv2aa6w4p.jpg
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Disney Story!
    You don't mind the NYE Crowds then eh? seems like a crazy time there! Engaged after 3 months! It worked well for you!

Me.
    Went to Disney a few times as a kid.
    Went with a former partner as a young adult
    Didn't go again until 15 years later with my now husband and his family
    Took the kids 3 years ago at the ages of 5 and 7
    Went last November (8 and 10) it was great.
    I could SO get addicted. Although finances, and time off don't fit for annual trips (yet?!)

Fitness

I started several years ago. I had two toddlers, and my work biometrics pointed out my Terrible "GOOD" cholestoral It was 17 (should be a minimum of 45!) (ironically my husbands number was, and is, the same) I looked at my kids and knew I had to make a change. I tried several things. I Never had liked exercising so this was all new and I was in my 40's. Went with a couple friends to a zumba class and we had fun and stuck to it. Once a week. First time fitness was ever Fun for me!
    I eventually tried more classes, using groupons for different place. Did the gym for a bit but then kids were in two different schools and that didn't work.

Had a friend having great results with home programs, and I joined her.
    I've been working out at home ever since. Drinking a nutritional shake, and eating better. Far from perfect, but a Ton Better!

That cholestoral, is now 82! :) My doc high fived me last year on my visit.

Just under 3 years ago I was also diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I had to change up my eating even more. (no wheat)
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of exercise. I love zumba too. Unfortunately I injured my back, nerve damage, CRAZY PAIN, about 3 years ago. I am now feeling better but, not 100%, terrified of another injury. I do walk and tried the Disney 5k, I was not successful. My hopes are to lose the weight so I my have surgery to get a breast reduction and excess skin removed.
  • StrengthJoy48
    StrengthJoy48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Jamie and I grew up in Southern California so I have been to Disneyland and California Adventure many times over the years. But in 2006 I moved to Montana with my family and it’s a little harder to travel there now. In 2009 me and a couple girlfriends went to Disney World for the first time and I have wanted to go back ever since. This year me and those same girlfriends along with a few others have planned another trip back to Disney World. So my goal is to slim down before the trip so I have the energy to be able to go all day in each park.