Roll Call - Monday, January 14, 2019

shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,273 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,273 Member
    Good Morning!

Well, mom seems to be stable again. They took out the balloon pump that was helping to pump her heart, and they are now saying that the pacemaker is likely temporary. She will still be in the hospital for a couple of days.

Snowy and cold in Kansas. We lost a couple of large limbs on a beautiful crab apple tree, and we lost an old apple tree, and we lost a red bud tree. Too much weight from the snow on the limbs. We never lost power, but I guess that at one point over 100,000 in the area were without power. Beautiful to look at, but the weight of the wet snow is too much for limbs and power lines.

Not much else to report. Still very busy at work with year-end.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sorry to hear about your MIL's heart attack, Steve. Hope she continues to recover okay... She'll be in my prayers.

Very cold here again today. Saw ice fishermen-fools out Saturday, even though 2 days earlier there was open water in a lot of places. But ice should thicken up quickly with continuing cold. Forecast is for 2° overnight this coming weekend. Ouch.

Yesterday was a food disaster for me. A donut after church, then I stopped for milk at the farm across the street, where I bought one of the muffins for sale on the counter, then went to DS's birthday dinner where there was strawberry shortcake for dessert. Urrp. Reset-button today!

Be OP, guys.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Mornin' gents.

Ice is setting up fast but not safe yet in most places in NW CT.

Prayers for your DMIL, Steve. Glad she is stable.

Off to work.

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,169 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

We'll keep your DMIL in our prayers, Steve.

Always chuckle at the "too cold to snow" line. I believed that, until I was stationed in Central Alaska and saw heavy snow at 40 below zero. I had six or seven inches of snow on my car that was so fluffy I could stand next to the car and blow the snow off, like blowing out birthday candles.

Going to get together the ingredients for as big pot of zero point soup, I think.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Good Afternoon. 🙏🏻 for you and the family.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,675 Member
    Good Morning!

Pushed myself to be productive yesterday morning. With DW out of town, DS & I went for Indian Food for lunch and left more than full. It was quite good. We reminded ourselves to get some takehome containers when we first arrive next time. The rest of the afternoon was being sleepy till the Warriors game came on. PT in the morning and then back to work on this productivity thing. I need to get the lights down. I was reminded that tomorrow is the deadline. I am asking the weather gods to hold back the rain.

Steve, saying prayers for your DMIL.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,826 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Steve hope DMIL is better soon,
    Turned down call from school yesterday only to be call at 6 this morning begging me to come in.
    DMIL acting very spacey this afternoon,
    DW got good report from diabetic doctor does not have to return till April; she gets stitches out Thursday.
    So far no call for tomorrow.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am