Best Headphones for Running

Options
Fitatelo
Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
Hey all, I was just wondering what headphones y'all use when y'all run, or what brands y'all would recommend, doesn't matter the price just how well it works.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have trouble keeping them in my ears when running.

I went through a few (isport, beats) wireless ones, the ones that came with my samsung phones and kept having one or the other pop out.

Finally settled on Gear Iconx true wireless earbuds. They stay in my ears better than any others I've tried, have no wires and have 4 gb of storage, so I don't need my phone when I run. And I have a big Samsung phone so I'm glad to leave it at home. I can't say enough good about them. I normally just put one in when running outside so I can still hear people coming up behind me.

Liked them so much I bought my wife a pair.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I posed this same question several months back in the fitness forum, maybe you could do a search for it but to sum up my findings... lots of recommendations and I tried them all. Every single pair stopped working after a week, it was beyond frustrating. I kept sending them back and trying a different brand. They all seem to have the same trouble. My standard iPhone headphones that came with the phone are my tried and true. I wish they were wireless but at least they work and are dependable.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I recently got a pair of AfterShokz open ear, bone conduction headphones. I like them. I never have listened to music very loudly anyway, so it’s not that I didn’t hear my environment before, but I’m less immersed in the music now (and equally immersed in environmental noise).

I have the Mini size and they are still a little big for my head. I don’t think I have some sort of Beetlejuice small head, but maybe I do? And nothing goes in my ears so nothing falls out (as I’ve never found a pair of anything that fit comfortably in my ears-although I found some that worked reasonably well).
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the Plantronics Backbeat. They never fall out and feel comfortable even after hours of running. Battery life is great and they are waterproof.
  • lizmcvey
    lizmcvey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    AfterShokz are my recommendation. I've bee using them just over a year and would never go back to anything else.
  • kenleyojones
    kenleyojones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't graduated to Bluetooth yester but from experience Yurbuds work great for staying in your ears.
  • smeebles
    smeebles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went from Apple AirPods to trekz titanium. I like being able to still hear my surroundings
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Philips she3590. They’re wired, but super comfy and secure. They do block all outside noise, though, so I wear only 1 when running outside.

I’ve tried a couple wireless options (Senso and Beats) and they were five, but didn’t match the comfort of the Philips.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    aftershoks trekz titanium. Best running phones I have used in years.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I like my Phaisers quite a bit. The stay put in my ears, no matter how much I sweat, have a good battery life, and have lasted over a year so far. I paid about $35 for mine.

https://phaiser.com/

• chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have Yurbuds. I was frustrated with ear buds always falling out on runs. These stay put. Also they don't totally block your hearing, so you can hear traffic/ambient noise. As a result, the fidelity isn't as good for music, but it's a trade off. If I had the money, I'd be interested to get Aftershokz. Tried them in the store & they were pretty cool.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I like my Phaisers quite a bit. The stay put in my ears, no matter how much I sweat, have a good battery life, and have lasted over a year so far. I paid about $35 for mine.

https://phaiser.com/

Me too! Love them.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    aftershoks trekz titanium. Best running phones I have used in years.

I just picked up my millionth :) pair of running headphones and I think I finally found something I like. Aftershokz Trekz. They sit on your head (not in your ears). They sound decent and allow me to hear others (and even talk).