• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Morning gents.

Going to check the ice on the pond this evening, and if thick enough,, will go icefishing tomorrow morning with a friend. If not, then next week. Last week the town police dept. warned people our ponds were not safe because of the fluctuating weather this winter, but we've had subfreezing temps since then. And more recent news reported police fished out two skaters from ponds in towns 25 miles east of us, where there's usually less ice--700' lower elevation. I don't go unless I measure 4" min. in several places near shore, and then I check as I go, here and there.

Looks like snow coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then subzero temps beginning of next week. Winter has arrived I guess.

Still haven't gotten in a whole day of tracking. Today's the day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Atta boy, Mike. Hope you catch a nice big trout for dinner. I am convinced that if you catch it you don't have to track it.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I like Lee's rule on tracking! Sounds good to me!

Mom is still stable, but not doing real well. They want to operate on her leg that is not getting any circulation, but she is not strong enough for the surgery. We'll see what today brings.

Connie is getting hearing aids today. Now maybe she will back off me not hearing, although I really did need one hearing aid too. :smiley:

Today would have been my mother's 83rd birthday. She passed a year and a half ago.

Bill, take care of your pain management. Drink lots of thick, dark coffee. That will help!

Have a great day!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Happy Humping,

Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I love the wisdom from the Northeast! I don't fish so I myself am still pushing ahead with tracking and am far from perfect but persistence has always been the key. I know at some point it will become more of a habit and less of an effort. Cold and wet here again with just PT to go to. The illusion is that I will get more done. I am trying to get things going early in the day. In 10 days my next door neighbor's 2nd grader will start being dropped off at 6:15am 3-4 days/wk so I can run him up to school. I am up anyway since DW leaves at 6:45 but not quite ready for prime time.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Still praying Steve.

Wow, Bill, that's being a very nice neighbor.

Made a big pot of zero-point vegetable soup/stew last night. There are a ton of recipes for these things, on line. This one tastes pretty good. I know what I'll have for supper the next couple of days.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone. Stay OP😎
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    •Yeah looks like snow in parts of the Northeast this week-end. My DD is taking our GS back to St Johns and helping him get rearranged in his new digs. He vacated everything when he did a semester abroad. Hope my DD doesn't get stranded there and that they arrive OK in NY/Queens too.
    •Ts and Ps for "mom" , Steve.
    •Always good to be safe Mike and not play human walrus in the ice pond.
    •Stay warm and dry all!