Options
13»

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Date: Jan 15
    Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes! Finally got my schedule readjusted (and my lazy butt in gear) so I could hop on my treadmill. 30 minutes 1.25 miles. Starting slow and working up to my goal 3 miles and 45 minutes.
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: Yes

Yay!! 3 "Yes" answers :smile:

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal: 3 water bottles (24 oz bottle) my goal is 7 per day...still working on this one

Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

As for today's discussion, the scale is starting to slowly move, but changing from unhealthy habits (like auto-response of drive-thru for dinner because the day went crazy) into reminding myself that I need to be healthy and be the example to my teen on eating healthy I think is my NSV. Meal planning is interesting due to my teen and trying to find new recipes that he will like, however, we have worked out a plan and he tells me if he likes the recipe or not. I think changing from unhealthy routine to learning a healthy routine and readjusting my schedule to allow for meal planning, cooking at home, and exercise is another NSV.

I am also feeling hopeful that the choices I am making now (and since joining MFP) will be changing the future, for me and my teen. I am so thankful for this group and look forward to continuing UAC throughout 2019. :smile:

Keep it up. I can "see" the great, healthy choices you are making as you work out just what changes you need to be making. You are doing GREAT! So glad you decided to hang in with us. Even though you are out of the winner's circle this month, you are definitely a winner! :smiley:
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Date: Jan 15
    Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes! Finally got my schedule readjusted (and my lazy butt in gear) so I could hop on my treadmill. 30 minutes 1.25 miles. Starting slow and working up to my goal 3 miles and 45 minutes.
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: Yes

Yay!! 3 "Yes" answers :smile:

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal: 3 water bottles (24 oz bottle) my goal is 7 per day...still working on this one

Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

As for today's discussion, the scale is starting to slowly move, but changing from unhealthy habits (like auto-response of drive-thru for dinner because the day went crazy) into reminding myself that I need to be healthy and be the example to my teen on eating healthy I think is my NSV. Meal planning is interesting due to my teen and trying to find new recipes that he will like, however, we have worked out a plan and he tells me if he likes the recipe or not. I think changing from unhealthy routine to learning a healthy routine and readjusting my schedule to allow for meal planning, cooking at home, and exercise is another NSV.

I am also feeling hopeful that the choices I am making now (and since joining MFP) will be changing the future, for me and my teen. I am so thankful for this group and look forward to continuing UAC throughout 2019. :smile:

I hear you on cooking with a teen! I've got 2, 1 that agrees that the healthier the better. The other (and my younger and my DH) don't appreciate it. SO, I chose small changes. Like the same orange chicken, but brown rice & Quinoa instead of white rice. Breakfast burritos but add more veggies plus ham instead of sausage. Or same PBJ in their lunch but wheat bread instead of uncrustables. I also make muffins for them 1-2xweek and I use part oat flour, greek yogurt, etc in them. I'm always encouraging (and providing) the fruits and veggies and they take it or leave it. Anyway, a few ideas you may already do but thought I'd share.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I love the mid-month NSV posts. It is so fun to read the impact that this journey us making on everyone's life. There is so much more to living a healthy life than the numbers on the scale

So many of my NSVS have been "little" things. Added all together, though, I feel like a totally new person as we move into this new year. My "numbers" are excellent. I have totally changed my relationship with food. I can have a "bad" day and boince right back to heslthy eating the next. I have more energy, I am stronger, I am sleeping better, I no longer look the other way when I walk by a mirror (ok. I'll admit it, I even check out my reflection when I walk past a window now. .. just amazed at what I see :smile: ). As I struggle with the last 3 pounds to goal, I realize that if I don't lose another ounce that I am a hapoy camper!

Everything you wrote is the same for me, including the 3 lbs. Thank you for expressing it so beautifully!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @jan110144 Thank you, I think that joining this group has helped me transition quicker from knowing I need to make changes to actually making those choices. It takes a bit to change routines and choices, but I joined MFP 12/28 and immediately saw a post for the UAC. This group and the accountability has helped me so much getting things in gear!

@anndeemarie I am glad to hear I am not the only one making small changes with my teen on food choices. I am trying to find the balance on it still, which is what I tell him- that we still will have pizza but need to find a balance.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    6bih5i6m60j2.jpg

My non scale victory had to do with getting into the habit of walking. I have discovered that since I've been walking (not just strolling) power walking listening to music I'm really loving it. Who knew.
    Additionally I was able to hike up to the head of an amazing waterfall this summer. I walked everyday and I loved it. Looking forward to the nice weather so I can really enjoy it.

Beautiful waterfall...I agree, always better outdoors but I need to wait for the nice weather to return, too. I just started doing some virtual reality hikes from YouTube. One YouTuber, Tall Sky, has several video hikes intended for treadmills. I don't have a treadmill, but just improvise in my living room with in place power walking and adding in some exercises along the way.
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @zorrocat Your occasional mini-indulgences of Hershey's Kisses make me smile. My DH used to keep a big container of them across the street at his place of business. I very much disliked the little tin foil balls that seemed to be left everywhere except in the trash can. :)

We're out of them in the office now :( I did not indulge in the Reese's cups today, which is good, because I was barely under.