What's in a name? (Just for fun!)

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
I have noticed some people have some interesting names on here...care to share what they mean?

Everyonelies09- House quote (sort of) and year I created the e-mail address...

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    terp is slang for sign language interpreter; when i started creating an online presence, i wanted to incorporate that (as part of my identity) and wanted something other than "wild", "crazy", or "wacky" to modify it
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    terp is slang for sign language interpreter; when i started creating an online presence, i wanted to incorporate that (as part of my identity) and wanted something other than "wild", "crazy", or "wacky" to modify it

I thought that perhaps you had attended the University of Maryland - the Maryland Terrapins are called Terps. Clearly, I was way off - LOL.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    LOL :)
    you are not the only one; there were a few professional groups that i was part of that had people joining thinking the same thing. but nope, nothing as exciting as university
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »

@zanyterp Nice! I have always been fascinated by sign language...one of the things on my "to learn" bucket list...
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    based on a series of fantasy books by stephen r donaldson

the chronicle of Thomas Covenant the UNBELIEVER

yay for geeky fiction and fangirls

@tcunbeliever that is totally not what I thought it would be...honestly, just thought the "t" was misplaced within the first couple of letters lol (no disrespect!)
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    i have kind of a deal with the devil. under special circumstances, i am able to build a bullet, that will hit the target in any case for 100% sure.

translated: freeshooter

:*

there is also some opera, based on that story
  • maddog1769
    maddog1769 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Last name Madden....overtime fiends called me maddog, 1769 just popped in my head as Maddog is a popular name
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My name is Rehana, rhymes with banana. Not super creative over here.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    last name lol.....stupid simple :o
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Island family story that has survived into a 3rd generation and doesn't seem to be going any where (not a bad thing). o:)
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Everyonelies09- House quote (sort of)

One of my favorite shows. Binge watch it at least a couple times a year.

Before my health took a backslide I used to have an oddball collection of cars, mostly 40s - 60s vintage stuff but also 80s era Turbo Dodges built when Carroll Shelby was partnered with Chrysler Corp. The first car of that vintage I ever bought I picked up in 1990 while still in high school. Even though I sold off the rest of my stuff over the years I still have that one car all these years later. Hence the name.

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Goat was my college nickname, and it has stuck with me into adulthood. I hated it, at first, but it grew on me. FIT has a dual meaning, but the most important one is that I intend to be fit.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Mines is just my name. Some of the older folks will remember that I used to be Karlottap, but when we had to change everything a few months back I went ahead and changed it to Karla, which is the name I go by. My mother was so kind to give me Karlotta as my first name, but always called me Karla. The Y and P are my middle and last initials.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mine is just my name also. K for my first name Kerri and then Norris is my last name. Nothing unique here. 😄
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lol!! @kpk54!! Love it!!