Ooops

Options
KetoLula
KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
When you accidentally cause a keto conversion at work. 💁

But for real, over the last week, I've had 3 co-workers ask me about Keto and are planning to start next week (I'm going to copy my ketoade recipe and make enough to fill up some water bottles with for Monday, and buy each of them a bar of Lily's). And on my way out, my boss asked about it as well, so I may see some keto friendly options at staff meetings. We're not a big place, and I'm used to being the weird teacher who lives on avocados and bacon (jk. I make a pretty huge variety of keto foods), so having a potential support system is awesome.

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The results of keto speaks for itself and that tends to get others moving when they see the weight loss etc. Love that you may get some friendlier food options at meetings out of it!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That’s so awesome! I had lost my weight before I went back to work so no one saw the difference from me “before”. Wish I had some Keto buddies there sometimes too. But my family and friends are all food addicts and don’t even care to try, so it makes me sad to be around them when they eat!

Im fortunate that my husband appreciates the delicious food!! He still eats enough carbs to stay out of ketosis, but doesn’t get crazy with them like we used to (plus, he’s not overweight nor does he have health issues that Keto could help). He supports me and doesn’t consider me crazy like my family does.
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to at least see positive responses to me going keto and having a potential support system at work. At my last job, people were pretty bad about trying to get me to come off keto.

Husband and I are in it together, so I'm not alone. We're trying tons of places around us that have keto options too so we can satisfy our foodie needs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nice

My work is mainly vegetarians and plant based people, whereas I am almost a carnivore, but they are very supportive and non judgemental so it works out. I just always pack my own lunch.;)