Insomnia

Options
FunUsername
FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
Happy new year everyone.
Wondering what ye doing if ye have insomnia.
Been a week now and little sleep. Took night nurse but it didn't work last night. Don't want get addicted to that as a solution... haha
Many thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My doc suggested benadryl "as often as I needed" during the transition. When I looked worried he said the effects of lack of sleep would be harder on the body.

Now I use CBD oil and melatonin. But I'm on "the other side" now.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I drink a tea called jet lag and it works! It's a blend of rooibos and chamomile I think... also a chamomile lavender blend works too. Do not use wine as it will initially work but you'll just wake up in the middle of the night and feel like poop.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I take Nervous Fatigue for those days I can't sleep - it's a traditional chineese medicine formula and it doesn't make you sleepy but it is full of adrenal supporting herbs, and since overstimulated adrenals can prevent sleep it seems to work for me.
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Probably cannot get the Nervous Fatigue in Ireland ... but trying chamomile tonight xx
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Probably cannot get the Nervous Fatigue in Ireland ... but trying chamomile tonight xx
    You may be able to get it from a chinese massage place. I've gotten chinese medicine from a chinese massage place in Dublin.
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Insomnia is a constant battle for me. I use Benadryl some nights when I’m desperate ... melatonin on other nights. Not sleeping really wreaks havoc with me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Insomnia is a constant battle for me. I use Benadryl some nights when I’m desperate ... melatonin on other nights. Not sleeping really wreaks havoc with me!

Don't I know it. Sorry you can't sleep.
  • JaneQP
    JaneQP Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started taking magnesium.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When the melatonin doesn't work, I try reading old textbooks.
  • Gardenprayer
    Gardenprayer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take epson salt bath and magnesium.
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Melatonin had been working for me over the past year or so, but I'm finding that it's no longer working for me, so I've changed my routine a bit. I've added Magnesium to my diet as I've read that being low in that will definitely affect your sleep, plus I have also changed my nightly routine to include Webber Naturals 'Super Sleep', with ingredients that are L-theanine, hydroxytryptophan, and melatonin. I've only used them for a few nights now, but I'm thinking positive that these changes could be what my system needs to succeed.