Gastric band insights and connection request...

Options
Hi there. I thought this update may be of interest to those blokes , or in fact anyone struggling with weight. I wish i knew then, what i now know. Hope this helps. Im 43,male, 170 cm tall, married and a great Dad! ( i hope ) and currently 100 kg. I got a gastric band put in 8 years ago. At the time i was 125 kg and struggled all my life with weight. Love exercise and love food. It was hard going for the first two years or so, until i got it set just right. I dropped to 80 kgs and did many fun runs and half marathons for a while. I have not had a single issue since those early days. Goodness knows how heavy i would be now without it. I eat slowly and enjoy my food very much still. i just eat way less. I do love beer, meat and greasy food so this has caused me to rise to 100kg, although i have been steady here for years. I have decided to go back to 75-80..for the sake of amazing wife and my young kids.....im interested to hear your story with the gastric band and connect on this journey. Cheers. DW

Replies