Is anybody out there?

Options
MissKarstar
MissKarstar Posts: 12 Member
I'd love a chance to meet some great locals working on or getting started with their fitness goals. I am definitely not an athlete and I have limited time in the evenings and on weekends to squeeze in some activity but it's always better with good company.

I imagine it might take some time before this group is discovered by another Edmontonian so I'll just be over here doing my thing.

Replies

• sonya_laan
    sonya_laan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    And now there is 2 edmontonians!
  • MissKarstar
    Options
    Hooray! Thanks for joining. Tell me about your goals @sonya_laan Maybe we can help each other.
  • sonya_laan
    sonya_laan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 80 lbs and currently have 57 left to go. I'm super active and trying to get in better shape so hiking is easier and I'm wanting to finish a half marathon in under 3 hrs. Did two previously with times of 3:25:00 and 3:10:00. How about urself?!
  • MissKarstar
    Options
    My goal is to lose 40 lbs, gain lean muscle and set my body up for healthy aging. I've already lost 12 lbs and 18 inches. I am unable to run but I can do everything else. I get my cardio by rowing, walking, hiking and elliptical. I strength train 4-5 days per week. I do 95% of my workouts at home but I try to get outside on the weekends.
  • WookieeWiener
    WookieeWiener Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Edmontonian checking in!
  • MissKarstar
    Options
    And then there were three...

Welcome @TSM_Imaqtpie would you care to share your goals or progress?
  • WookieeWiener
    WookieeWiener Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sure!

I have been pretty depressed lately, and allowed myself to get up to 220 lbs. But I have been doing a lot better recently, and have started to get my life back on track.

My goal is to get back down to around 185, and things have been going pretty well so far. I have already dropped down from 220 to around 201 after just a month. I contribute a lot of it to getting back into hockey and the gym, as well as using MFP to track my food. I had never used the app before, and it is definitely very helpful!

I hope you both are having success with your goals too
  • juice9999
    juice9999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Edmontonian checking in!
  • MissKarstar
    Options
    Welcome to the party @juice9999

Feel free to share your goals or progress.
  • MissKarstar
    Options
    Sure!

I have been pretty depressed lately, and allowed myself to get up to 220 lbs. But I have been doing a lot better recently, and have started to get my life back on track.

My goal is to get back down to around 185, and things have been going pretty well so far. I have already dropped down from 220 to around 201 after just a month. I contribute a lot of it to getting back into hockey and the gym, as well as using MFP to track my food. I had never used the app before, and it is definitely very helpful!

I hope you both are having success with your goals too

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some struggles. It seem like you're on the right track now. Please let me know if you ever need some encouragement or even a more firm kick in the pants. We all need a little help sometimes.
  • Finding_Deeds
    Finding_Deeds Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm in Edmonton as well :)
  • gogogadgette
    gogogadgette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hullo from Millwoods.
  • glenn1011
    glenn1011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Beaumont here, but that's close to Edmonton right?
  • njenn86
    njenn86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on my 2nd week of MFP and thought I should check out some local groups :)
  • t00lz
    t00lz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's going on Edmonton friends?