low carb protein bars????

mprocyszyn
mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
I am working on eating low carb but i would like to find a protein bar that has low carbs to keep handy for those times when you are rushed but need something to tide you over. Was at Costco last week ...they had quite the selection but OMG some had huge amts of carbs of which most consisted of sugars. One bar had 20 gms of protein but half of my daily carb amt.....so is there any out there that are low in carbs. Mary from Canada

Replies

• mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    I have Atkins bars when I am on the run. Atkins Fudge Caramel is nice and comes out 2.9 Net Carbs.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I like to keep beef jerky or beef sticks around for eating when I can't get away from my desk.
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Kirkland Brand bars are 3-4 g net carbs depending on the flavor. I like them but they do have a chewy texture that some people don't like.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I like Epic Provisions and they have a couple options that are my personal favorite. You can buy on amazon or from their website directly. I see them occasionally at specialty stores. Personally, I appreciate their approach to food and food manufacturing. I keep the Chicken sriracha and the Venison on hand: https://epicbar.com/products
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    quest bars.
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    I found one called Suzie’s Good Fats at both Sobey’s and Save-On. Several of them say “Keto approved” at the top. They are very high fiber which knocks down the net carbs significantly.xrtzwjre4my7.jpeg
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    93rlmvan6caq.jpeg
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Quest, but I try not to eat bars every day. I often eat turkey jerky and almonds as a nonperishable snack.
  • mprocyszyn
    mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
    I found one called Suzie’s Good Fats at both Sobey’s and Save-On. Several of them say “Keto approved” at the top. They are very high fiber which knocks down the net carbs significantly.xrtzwjre4my7.jpeg

Thank you...this one looks promising...will go out to look for it. Mary
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I like to keep beef jerky or beef sticks around for eating when I can't get away from my desk.

Thus is what I do too. Cheese and eggs are good too. A bag of mixed nuts if your carb level allows it.

I also keep proteome powder with me to mix into a coffee.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    mor72 wrote: »
    I have Atkins bars when I am on the run. Atkins Fudge Caramel is nice and comes out 2.9 Net Carbs.

I am very wary of Atkins bars. They tend to use a lot of maltitol. Even ignoring the gut issues it can cause, it has an effect on blood sugar and acts a lot more like sugar than most other artificial sweeteners. I wouldn't subtract it at all. Those bars would be 16.9 grams of carbs in my calculations. If you do, I would only subtract about 1/4 to 1/2 of the carbs from it. That makes those bars 9.9 - 13.4 net carbs. That is a pretty significant difference from what people expect based on the label.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member

Agreed and Raw almonds too .. I don’t like the artificial stuff.
    I love the berry rx bars. They have great stuff in them. Fine for low carb but probably not the best for keto-ers
  • dillianavramov
    dillianavramov Posts: 19 Member
    One more vote for Suzie's Good Fats bar. Offtopic: protein bars make me crave sweets, so my go to is an ounce of macadamia nuts, or matcha tea (green tea works too) with Stevia. Worst case scenario - half a square of 100% unsweetened baking chocolate. Tastes like chalk, but stops food cravings for hours