January 25 sign in

Options
2»

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    My report:
    Exercise: 20 minutes of walk/jog and did 1.61 miles; increased my pushups by a total of 23 over 3 sets; back protocol. Total exercise 63 minutes
    Calories: under by a lot
    Tracking: okay
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (mall walking)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Thanks for the article on sleep deprivation...very eye opening.
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes x3, 60 min yoga class

I have four kids, ages 8 and under, so yes sleep is a challenge for me! By the time I get everyone to bed I need a little alone time so I don’t get to bed as early as I should. And sometimes little people wake me up in the night. But I do my best :)
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1/25
    Exercise: Yes, 3 mile walk and 20 min. of exercises.
    Calories: Yes, stopped myself from grazing among the snacks this evening and going over on calories.
    Tracking: Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jan 25
    Yes x 3

Sleep is so important. Happily, I now get at least 7 hours of sleep almost every night. Very grateful. A working kidney & daily exercise (along with arm healing ie no pain & no extra meds that were causing reduction in sleep!) Verrry Grateful.

8nsqog3q8m0c.png
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Pass Day

I have learned a valuable lesson this week. I am not yet in the "habit" of tracking calories. Chinese and leftovers I didn't track because I wasn't sure how, then that was followed by 2 days of not tracking at all. The power of old habits...wow. Saturday is a new day, and back to developing my "new normal".

Just an FYI ... I track every day, even when eating out. If the restaurant has nutritional info online, I use that. With something like Chinese food I look the food up in the data base. Kniwing, that this will not be accurate, I tend to be VERY conservative and select the closest option with the most calories. If anything, i try to over-estimate the calories. Not as good as knowing for sure, but it keeps me tracking and in the ballpark. Since I don't eat out often, it is good enough and no big deal if I am a bit off.
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes elliptical + walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NOPE! WAY over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

third pass. I could have avoided it, but DH wanted to go out to eat and I just went for it and had a whole serving of Tai Cashew Nut Chicken. So good. Then dessert when I got home. So that does it for me! I'll try and make it today in budget, but I'm afraid the end is near for me.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Walked 50 min in the morning and glad I did. Had planned to walk more in the hour between dropping my son at soccer game and game time. No luck. He forgot his soccer socks. He is 17 and has played his whole life and knows better! So yeah, he paid for the new ones that I drove around in an unfamiliar town to find. Lol.

Sleep? Oh yes, vitally important. Sometimes my work schedule messes with my sleep and I can definitely tell in my focus level the following day. Not so much that it is apparent to others, but you know when you feel like it takes second to find the right words vs the words just flowing? Yep, that. I work pretty hard to set myself up for good sleep and my family knows it. Haha. Don’t mess with mom’s sleep or she will be unhappy with you.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yes to 3
    Sleep is so important and menopause messes my up:(
    Tryied it all and keep trying even after 8 years. Better days and the. Back to bad nights.
    Key for me Going to be early
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @anndeemarie Don't despair...3 pass days per month are ok. It's that 4th one that hurts.
    Rick
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I'm back at it! Decided this morning that I can do this! I've lasted this long this month, and i really like achieving my goals. So if the scale continues to stick its not for the lack of trying.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    January 24 & 25
    Yes X 3
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3