Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    Options
    Weekend off. Traveling to other side of CT this afternoon to spend the night at a hunting lodge then will use my dogs to guide a small group of hunters on stocked pheasant tomorrow.

It sounds like shooting fish in a barrel, but pheasant don't stay put and will run around like rabbits. My main goal is safety. I don't care if I annoy the hunters I'm guiding. I don't want any Dick Cheney incidents.

Weather looks promising.

Be OP ;-)

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am up early at 4am to watch the Women's Final at the Australia Open which started 3 hours earlier. Unfortunately, I saw a news flash on who won. Today will be another nice day in the mid 60's as will tomorrow. DW and I will head over to a regional park on the Bay for a walk/hike this afternoon as I try to keep a daily habit going. The ole shoulder is calm enough that I was able to do the reduced set of exercises this morning after some soreness yesterday. I will be doing some back work after the match as well. Rumor has it we will be cleaning up the patio today as well.

Lee..bonus points for the Cheney comment
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Amen Lee! There is a reason dogs are used to flush out pheasants.
    Nice day here too and feel for my brother in Iowa where the hi temp this Wed is suppose to be something below zero.
    Off for early walk here.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

DW's neice lives in Wisconsin and showed a forecast of -25. In my Alaska days I would have treated that as a warm spring day, but it would be too cold for me, now.

DW grabbed me toremove one of our apple trees, yesterday. It hasn't produced much the last few years. Still, kind of sad to cut it up. I planted that tree 16 years ago. It's in the wood pile, now.

• irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. Surgery went as expected. I'm now in the recovery process now. I'm struggling with my choices for food. Comfort foods abound but most aren't the best to stay OP... Have a great day!!
    Rick
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Morning. Heading to DS's party this evening in Providence, RI, at the Red Fez. Shiner bucket I bought him is missing aerator and hose, have to exchange this morning at store two towns away from me. Arhhg.

Both snow and slush are now gone after all the rain, except piles left by plows in previous storm. Ice fishing kaput once more for a while. End of next week the subzero weather coming our way again.

My CMC braces are working so far. My thumb pain has been an on and off issue, and not usually disabling, and I haven't taken any meds for it except tylenol a few times when it was worst. But it has been painful enough to bother me, and I worried that it will get worse with time. Now with the braces, tasks that usually caused at least some pain are not. I do find it a bit difficult to write with them on, too restricting for fine motor I guess--I'm left handed and crook my hand around like lefties do, so maybe it wouldn't be a problem for others. I think it is a device that could help someone with not-too-advanced joint pain; it is supposed to help prevent further damage.

Dave, is this the joint you had surgery on? I know you were having a tough recovery. How's your wrist now?

Have a good day out there everyone. Don't shoot yourself in the foot, Lee, you'll get elected to high office.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    @irapino65 Rick, I missed about your surgery. I hope all is well.
  • manladdvm
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing well post op, Rick.

-25 F. I guess its what you are used to. Does your pee freeze before it hits the ground at that temp?

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Don't know about pee but would be afraid of parts getting frost bite or shrinking up into body where could not be found.
    Be safe Lee, and make sure spirits are after hunt instead of during; no flask allowed.
    Hope you have a quick recovery Rick,
    Knowing brace helps, have to wonder will pain return after removing brace?
    I see apple wood bowls, candlesticks and smoking chips in Dave's future.
    Hope DM and DMILs are better,
    I guess it is what one gets use to, 25 here this morning; too cold for this arthritic body.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am