Does anyone else do keto with monosaturated fats?

Options
I have high cholesterol and was hoping to go more walnuts salmon and olive oil type keto. Does anyone else follow this approach and if so have you seen a reduction in inflammatory factors / cholesterol?

Thanks!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I’ve used these (walnut, avocado, and olive oils) as well as saturated fats and haven’t found where they’ve hindered the results I’ve seen with the anti inflammatory effects. Plus I love the flavors of the walnut and avocado oils.

I would guess that as long as you’re remaining natural (when has a vegetable ever produced oil?)) and staying away from the artificially produced substances that are foreign to our bodies you’re maintaining the effect. Also, this is when you’re allowing your body to burn more of its own fat for energy, rather that what you’re eating.
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Thanks Karla. Hmmm I love walnuts !
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I have fairly high dietary cholesterol, but my panels have been good with cholesterol dropping and I went off my statin. It is not going hurt anything to get more of your protein from fish, and maybe it will help. I honestly don't know.