Just saying hello - just joined this group!

Options
Hello everyone.

My name is Mollie, im British and had my gastric band fitted in Belgium in July 2006.

I lost 154lbs and was very happy, but over the last year I have gained 30 lbs. I don't want my band any tighter (I get reflux at night) so I have joined this site and have been sticking to 1,400 calories.

I have lost 5lbs so far.

I find MFP really helpful in tracking what I eat and the support is brilliant. I hope I can help someone if they need it x

Replies

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mollie! Congrats on your success. I find reading and logging in MFP helps keep me on track. The people on this site are so wonderful and helpful. Best of luck, you certainly can do it based on your track record. Success will be yours soon!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello! MFP has been a wonderful tool for me to reach, and maintain, my goal for almost 3years (4years post gastric bypass with 150 pounds lost!)!

You deserve every good thing that comes from making the right choices!! You’ve got this!!
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Mollie! You've got this!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This group isn't always the most active, but people are always willing to help when someone posts! I find it to be a great thing to help me keep my head on straight! My job has me sitting in front of a computer, with lots of down time that's not really down...on hold on the phone, but unable to multi-task except the computer. SO, I read the boards. This and others. All my WLS specific questions go here.

Regain is a *kitten*! I'm trying to lose some of mine. I had gained 30lbs as well, over 18 months. Since November 1, I'm down about half of that. Nowhere near as quickly as the first time around, but it's going the right direction! I get your frustration! Congrats on the first five!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like many others I also have been working on knocking off the regain. I am almost 3 years post op (4-18-16), and over the past 2 years am up about 23 lbs. I have quite frankly been battling a little bit of depression, and my job can be either really stressful or really boring - depends on the day really. MFP has definitely been helpful and it’s a very supportive group, though to @NicoleL874 point above it has quieted down some lately. Lots of good luck - you are definitely in good company