4 lbs higher than yesterday

Options
lbride
lbride Posts: 248 Member
Yesterday was super low for me and yesterday was a snow day = eat whatever I want day = 4 lbs higher than yesterday. Not a huge deal and will even out but still......

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You acknowledged it now move on from it. It happens to us all but I get it. :)
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    And it’s not all fat by any means!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've been known to fluctuate by up to 5 pounds, the worst ever was 7 pounds overnight after a really hot race weekend (aka drinking LOTS of electrolytes and salt to keep from dehydrating during the races).

Most of it is going to be water weight, very little if any will be actual fat. I fluctuate 2-3 pounds/day pretty normally.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have 4-lb swings pretty regularly. They happen. Don’t let it mess with your head too much.
  • LC20202021
    LC20202021 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too. It'll come down in a couple of days.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I reiterate what members posted above. Gaining weight can come in short snippets, and acknowleging a binge is important, but also moving on from it, letting it go. That is most imporant of all!

Jenn
  • cgibson522
    cgibson522 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    With all the swings in weight, how do you actually know when you've lost a pound?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    cgibson522 wrote: »
    With all the swings in weight, how do you actually know when you've lost a pound?

use a weight trend app such as Happy Scale on iOS or Libra on Android.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I judge by clothes. Jeans are the real weight gain-loss indicator for me. And 1 pound isn’t much... it can be hot day or getting up a couple hours later and weighing in.
  • adriennevy
    adriennevy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can really tell if I've consumed a lot of sodium the previous day when I step on the scale. Don't get frustrated... look at your monthly weight trends, not your daily trends.