Roll call ~ Friday Feb. 1, 2019

mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,553 Member
good morning gentlemen...

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited February 2019
    February 1st already. -1° this morning. Yesterday morning -8° and my car wouldn't start when I had to meet DGD at her dental appointment. Was able to use a booster I'd bought last fall to jump start it, but that almost didn't work either. Appointment turned into an all morning thing, and then GD wasn't feeling good so I took her home instead of to school. Baby sitting a couple of hours morphed into 13 hours, but I enjoy her and her little sister a lot--they are a couple of characters. Their 10 year old brother went to Atlanta with DSIL, who got tickets to the Superbowl from a company he deals with. More traffic for Sam...

Blood test this morning and some errands, then DD hopefully coming over for a visit this afternoon with the girls.

Stay warm everyone.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Mornin' gents.

-1 F here too. Supposed to warm up in days to come.

Very cool that DSIL and DGS are attending the Super Bowl.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,273 Member
    Good Morning!

Warming up here in Kansas. It looks like it will be a nice weekend. Stupid groundhog better do his job. He has one job to do, once a year. You'd think he'd get it right.

Mom is not doing very well. Now she has pneumonia on top of everything else, and impacted bowels. Ugh.

Praying for those that are not doing well, including Dave's wife.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Prayers for your DMIL, Steve.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,169 Member
    Good morning Gentlemen.

Praying for your DMIL, Steve.

Not feeling too great myself, this morning. I think I am finally coming down with Rita's cold.

Rain has returned, today. We are forecast to have the coldest weather of the season in a few days, with a chance of snow.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,146 Member
    Yeah Mike batteries suffer a lot in extreme cold. In some cold weather places folks have been know to use electrically heated battery blankets to kept them warmer. And dipstick block heaters too.
    •Ts and Ps for your DMIL Steve.
    • possibly some snow here too coming up. Probably at lest in the hills if not at home. Also maybe some more in another week.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Steve, I hope your DMIL gets better soon. I hope everyone is doing well. Frigid temps continue here as well. The weather is going to improve going into next week. Thanks for all the well wishes!!! Have a Great Weekend to All.
    Rick
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,675 Member
    Good Morning!

We are getting the south end of Dave's weather for the next several days but our temperatures remain fairly moderate. I have walked 7 days in a row now and will need to be creative to keep it going with the rain. I hit 20 miles for the week. I am baking several loaves of ciabatta today. I started the sponge before I went to bed. I am hoping to get back into the weekly habit of bread making again.

Dave, very kind of Rita to share her cold with you. Her way of thanking you for the soup. Steve, I continue to pray for DMIL.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,826 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Had to sub at high school today,
    By mid week we should see 70's,
    Great job getting 20 miles in for week Bill,
    Steve, sounds as DMIL cannot catch a break, prayers continue
    Glad I'm retired and not driving into Atlanta, drove by stadium daily.
    Thankful for folks dollars, wish they would be used for good instead of waste.
    Mike, great that you are able to help with grandkids; most of teachers I sub for do not have extended family to help. DMIL helped with ours; maybe thats why I tolerate some of her antics.
    Will the groundhog see his shadow tomorrow?
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am