FAO GavinFlynn1

Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 8,587 Member
Your 10 Can Chili was mentioned this week. If I reccollect, you updated it. Could you repost please?

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    What is this I hear? An update to the sacred scroll of 10 can chili?
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    Google has various number for canned chili recipes. I once used the seven can Chili recipe
    Only. Caution for Sodium, watch Out!
  • myallforjcbill
    I usually buy the low sodium veggies, rinse the beans and then salt to taste.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Here’s the original recipe, as I recall:

1 pound extra lean ground beef
    1 yellow onion, diced
    2 cans corn, drained
    4 cans beans, drained
    4 cans diced tomatoes, drained
    1 packet taco seasoning

Brown the ground beef. Then add the rest of the ingredients. and mix well. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
    - - - -

I don’t know about any major “updates” to the recipe, but it’s always been flexible. Lately I have added diced chilies, and I know other folks have different variations.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,587 Member
    Thanks Gavin.
  • savignr
    savignr Posts: 711 Member
    I just bought all the goodies. I like extra spice do I buy the original Rotel and add one large can of chipotle chili’s and sauce. Keeps the kids from eating it. This has been a staple for me for many years. Thanks, Gavin. Hope all is well with you; hope you and your son are well. Still remember that great lunch, but can’t even remember how long it’s been since I was out there to see you, Bob, and others. My daughter is up near Sea-Tac now so I rarely get down south. Maybe you all (I refuse to say y’all) need to come here.
  • myallforjcbill
    I still used the original recipe and also add diced Ortega Chili's and I very the meat to what ever we have or strikes my fancy. I make my own spice mix for taco seasoning and use that. Just had a small chili omelet as a matter of fact. Very filling and protein rich breakfast.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    I still used the original recipe and also add diced Ortega Chili's and I very the meat to what ever we have or strikes my fancy. I make my own spice mix for taco seasoning and use that. Just had a small chili omelet as a matter of fact. Very filling and protein rich breakfast.

Ohhh another use for the delicious, HUGE pot of chili! Thanks for mentioning an omelette. I might try a scramble with it too! Ohhh the possibilities!

And I love how we all have our own twists to the recipe. I add Rotel for one of the tomatoes, sriracha, and love a variety of beans (kidney, black, great northern). For company, I serve with sour cream, cheese, and thin sliced green onions. This recipe has to the one that I am never tired of!
  • mr_sandyman
    mr_sandyman Posts: 187 Member
    This conversation needs to be a "sticky note". Love me some 10 can chili!