New to group

I will love learn how to eat clean and stay healthy

Replies

• NewNewMe1989
    NewNewMe1989 Posts: 14 Member
    New to group would like learn to eat clean as well.
  • MollyLaceygirl
    MollyLaceygirl Posts: 8 Member
    Would like to learn to eat clean as well
  • DelSydney
    DelSydney Posts: 11 Member
    Morning - Im new to this group and am looking for some ideas incorporating clean eating with weight loss. I think I eat reasonably well but obviously too much (possibly wine) and need to loose around 10k (I'm in my 60s now so know I have to up the exercise and decrease the food.
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    edited December 2018
    Tosca Reno has some great books on Clean Eating, but basically it is food with no extra. No processed foods, no garbage.

Mostly consists of lean meats (not ground or sausages), veggies, and minor amounts of carbs (including root veges), minimal fruit. No condiments for your food or drink. Nothing fried, etc...

She uses what she calls "cooler" plans, depending on where you are at in your lifestyle change journey. For example, Cooler 1 is super lean. Lean meat, egg whites, veggies, 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning and a small sweet potato throughout the day. I split the sweet potato into 3rds and eat for breakfast/dinner and maybe in the evening if I need something sweet tasting.

She has Cooler 1 (most restrictive), Cooler 2 (middle of the road), and Cooler 3 (least restrictive). The "Cooler", part comes in to play because you literally pack a small cooler with your meals. That way you dont make bad choices when at work, etc.

I was a stay at home mom when I first tried this, so I just kept a section of my fridge as my "Cooler" every day.

It requires planning, but what doesn't when you are looking for success at something. Fail to plan is a plan to fail.

I am highly successful at this. With Cooler 1 I lost 8 pounds in two weeks (not water weight). It's very strict but delivers results. Cooler 3 is what I started out with to realistically change my lifestyle.

This is a good program, but 100% guaranteed to fail if you don't do your work. Once it becomes a lifestyle, you wont believe you ate differently.
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi, I am new to the group. I eat mostly a whole food diet, but I like sweets, so I am going to clean up my eating habits and limit that sugar intake.
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    I am Nicole and new to group. I need help in this area please. I have looked and I love some of you guys recipes.
  • kylaaimee
    kylaaimee Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hiya, back on the wagon, looking for inspiration motivation and recipes.
  • treenapenney45
    treenapenney45 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I'm new to the group too..
  • MiguelGaG
    MiguelGaG Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all !! My name is Miguel. Just joined !!
  • lisarawski
    lisarawski Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all. My name is Lisa and I've been working the last six weeks on getting back on the "clean eating" wagon. For nearly three years, I followed a strict Paleo diet and 6x/week exercise. I've been doing a relatively good job staying on my exercise regimen despite the holidays and I really need to get back to a cleaner diet now that we are moving through the beginning of the new year. If you are interested in paleo eating or clean recipes, check out my pinterest boards: www.pinterest.com/turkeybreath
  • bella09
    bella09 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I'm new to the group and would like to try clean eating. Where should I start and where do I go for recipes and tips?? Ty in advance guys.
  • KishJijTin
    KishJijTin Posts: 37 Member
    He everyone ,new to the group and new to MFP,I have started clean eating yesterday and looking for motivation.
  • vampaira
    vampaira Posts: 1 Member
    hello my name is hind
    am new to the group looking forward to learn from this group
  • brett553
    brett553 Posts: 8 Member
    Hola, I'm looking tasty, clean recipes so I guess I'm in the right place🙂
  • PKStephens39
    PKStephens39 Posts: 1 Member
    I really need this group to learn to eat healthy