Advice, friends and hand holding needed :)

Options
tattoomary
tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
Hello, 5 years ago I did low carb and never looked better. Then I went off and got pregnant with baby no 5....now 5 years later I'm 4 stone heavier. Im 45 ( lots on number 5 in this post !!) and would love a loss of 3 stone.
I went and got myself a personal trainer and am down 11 lb. The pt has me on 1200cal a day...his diet is med carb 3 times a day.
A few times in the last 4 years I tried to go back to low carb but found that the weight just didn't move. I think my cal were prob too high.
So Im back to low carb as soooo want to feel fabulous again (and not like shite!).
I would love some friends and advice...my diary is open :)

Replies

• KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just looked at your food diary.
    Here is what I see. You have set your macro but you are not following it.

You are no where near your macro.

One day your calories are over a LOT and then the next day you only eat 700.
    One day your carbs are waaay over, then you are good.
    Repeat for fat and protein.

Plan ahead (even fill your diary in 3 days in advance) and eat eat to your macro.
    Also 1200 calories is not enough if you are working out, get another trainer, they're an idiot.

Good luck.

• tattoomary
    Options
    Thanks as said I only started low carb yesterday until then it was cico. Mfp also recommend 1200 cals. I'm 5.3 height and weigh 12st 3lb. Thanks
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back to low carbing! You might want to take a look over the stickies again at the top of the Low Carber Forum as a reminder of the best ways to do this. I'd sub out his medium carbs (how many grams were recommended?) for a lower carb diet. I'd even not bother about counting the calories at first and just work on counting your carb grams - keeping them low - and making sure you are eating enough protein. Don't skimp on the protein.
  • Shadioutwo
    Shadioutwo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick glance over your diary and the foods you are eating would not keep me full or satiated in the least! I would follow the advice given above and focus on getting the carbs low, the protein and fats higher and sticking to the 1200 calories.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    MFP put me at 1800 calories a day, but i generally come in anywhere between 1100 and 1400. I generally don't even look at the calories, just the carbs.
  • tattoomary
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I am willing to bet that 70%+ women get a calorie goal of 1200/day from MFP the first time they do it. It gives stupidly-low calorie amounts anyway, everyone always thinks they should pick sedentary, and everyone wants the fastest possible weight loss. It is a trifecta perfectly designed to hit the lowest number MFP will give a woman.

Even if I believed in calorie restriction as a way to lose weight and keep it off (which I absolutely don't), I would set a goal of 1600-1700 for you. And that is probably still a bit low, depending on your real activity levels.

But, really, 1200 is almost certainly too low. I hate that number. I hate it with a passion only reserved for it and 2000 calories/day (which is a story for another day).

Thanks fitgoat I've read a lot on her about the 1200 cal. Is there another site that can calculate my age/weight and recommend how many cals I should be on .. Thanks :)