DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Rise and shine. A new day awaits.

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Dave, sorry to hear that you were without power. I hope that it is back on now. That is a lot of snow for where you live. You have a beautiful house!

Quiet here in Kansas. Glazed roads, but will hit above 32 today. More rain tomorrow, but snow on Friday. Winter is not nearly done here yet. It has been a long one.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Beautiful home indeed, Dave.

Steve, our weather has been yo-yoing temps and the rain, ice, snow combination too. Would like to see it get cold and stay cold until Spring. Prayers continue for your family.

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Mornin'

Beautiful pics, Dave. I love snow... Sunny and calm here today. Going for a hike somewhere TBD, then church this evening.

Am successfully keeping away from the really salty foods so far. Will monitor ankles and weight next few days to see if it makes a difference. Also, it seems like walking daily should help keep fluid under control. Will make that a habit, too. I still am inactive a lot during days between hikes/ activities. Docs told me 20 years ago, after bypass surgery, to get 45 min of aerobics 5 days a week. I guess I haven't caught on yet... slow learner.

Piano practice coming along... learning to read notes using landmark system, and have Jingle Bells down pat. Never too young...

Have a good day, men.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I went out to the Car Show/Auction down in AC yesterday with the guys did a ton of walking it was nice to get out of the house. So today I think will be a day of relaxing. Have A Great Day Everyone!!
    Rick
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Dave, I have been seeing some snow pictures as well from Vashon and other islands. We are getting a dusting of snow as low as 2000ft. That is close enough. But your house is lovely and you do look like a natural with a snow shovel in your hands.

WI yesterday found me up as expected but overall I am down 1.6 for the month which I will take. Back at it after two rough weeks though with tracking and working at it. A good Lifetimers meeting was quite helpful too. DW & I unpacked the 3 boxes of overhead shelving for the garage and have things planned out. We think we can deconstruct the old wooden one without killing ourselves. We just need a sunny weekend to empty the garage so we have room to work to install the new one. Exercise and perhaps some baking on hand for today.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Mike, I told Connie that you had started learning the piano. She said "tell Mike that he rocks."

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    I had an earlier post, but it disappeared, somehow.

The power was out for about seven hours. Rita and I stayed entertained by sitting at the living room window and playing Yahtsee.

Rita is doing better, it seems, though she complained some last night. She is a great nurse, when I am sick, but a kind of whiney patient. I guess that would describe most of us :D .

Cold, this morning: 15 degrees and sunny.