Introduction

Options
Hi, my name is Paula. I am a compulsive overeater from the western side of South Dakota. I have struggled for a very long time. But the stresses of life are allowing my eating to take complete control over my life. I am a mom to 4 wonderful children, ages 20,14,10, & 3. Married to my best friend and greatest support. Work in the mental health field as a nurse and am working on my master's degree. My 10 yr old son has ADHD and Autism. Despite all the good in my life, food is still the controlling influence in everything I do. It controls how I drive home from work as to where I can stop to get food and still have time to eat it before I get home. Hiding snacks and treats in the house so the family doesn't get into my stash. Spending money on food that I just don't have and eating food I just don't need. In my area I have limited access to meetings. There is only 1 OA meeting a week here and it is not a very large group - like 5 or 6 people attend.

It's time to do more for my eating issues. It's time to not allow food to control me and my life and affect my family.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!! I'm glad that you have good things in your life, but it's also insanely busy... What do you do for YOU, @plgunderson ?
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula, welcome!
    There are online OA phone meetings as well as speaker podcasts that you can tune into multiple times a day. I also have limited OA meetings in my town, so I get my dose of OA on a regular basis.
    Working with a fellow OAer or Sponsor would help you gain your footing.
    We can all relate to your overeating struggles, so never feel that you're alone in this.
    We are glad you're here!
  • luvluv1234
    luvluv1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been in OA for nine months. I go to and lead lots of online meetings. Please add me as a friend on myfitnesspal. I LOVE OA.
  • nancygrateful
    nancygrateful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi luvluv good morning!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    @luvluv1234, welcome, I love OA too!!
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello @luvluv1234 - I just friend requested you. Welcome!