Does 'leftover bit of cake' count? ;)

Options
tattoomary
tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
Frig it, my lovely 12 year old daughter made a very delicious chocolate cake this evening.
I stayed strong....and sure then there was bits of 'excess' cake that she cut off.
So I had a tiny piece of that.....and before you know it Im face deep in cake.

Of course now im disappointed in myself as I've been doing so well the last few days and got my 1st stone off this morning :)

Drinking water now to help 'wash' it out (you never know it might happen)

I think part of the issue is Im very tired today. Also I've had a kind of empty feeling today. Not hungry but like theres a card size hole in me that needs to be filled. Do you know what I mean :/

Replies

• juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    I can! Yep me too! I think the key, from what everyone says to me is get back on it. I’m sure the experienced ketoers will offer their expert advice.

I think also looking at the cause /trigger. At this point for me, if someone put a cake in front of me and left me alone with it I would find it v v v hard to resist. Keto folk say though with time the cravings become less - not sure how long you have been doing keto (?)

I also had a major lapse recently, during which I came down with a cold. I can sympathise with that tired, listless feeling. I haven’t quite worked out if it’s psychological - using carbs to pick up mood, energy levels but, me too.

So don’t beat yourself up. Tiredness is horrific so treat it as an opportunity to prioritise sleep/ rest. Something than gets put on a backburner for lots of mums.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just have to get back at it as soon as you are ready. One day at a time :smile:

The thing about Keto for non-medical purposes is to commit yourself to about 2 strict months. This allows the body to switch its primary fuel source over to fat which allows the body to efficiently use carbs/sugar when they are consumed in moderation.

By flooding the body with carbs insulin levels go up which means more water retention etc etc. The only way to neutralize the moderate carbs is to have done a fairly heavy workout right around the time of consumption. The muscles would grab the carbs for fuel and store them without ever messing with ketosis.