I'm back-this time trying for a science baby!

Options
Hi guys, I'm here under a new username, and used to be Kirstie155. I stopped checking on here quite awhile ago because we are infertile and have been trying to make a baby for two whole years now and your successes made this a difficult place to be for me at the time.

We are doing ivf now and if I'm ever going to be successful in trying to get pregnant, it is going to be now! We did our egg retrieval last month and this cycle we are doing our first embryo transfer! I've gained weight due to the crushing dispair and hormones, and could really use some support in making good choices and being as healthy as I can for now. I can't work out during IVF, so food choices are important.

Glad to be back and hope none of you have to go through what I am to have your own babies.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! I have been thinking about you and worried about you! I'm so glad you are back although I can understand how this group would have become difficult for you. I'm so very sorry you two are dealing with infertility. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for the IVF to work <3<3<3<3
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome back!! I'll also keep everything crossed for you that it's successful!
  • FatKittah
    FatKittah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back ladies! Today I'm starting off fresh with a low carb diet. Ive gained like 20 pounds from where I was (I think) when I left here, and I wanted to lose quite a bit before! Transfer is likely to be in about 10-14 days, so planning to make good choices and start healthier habits! Salads, eggs, chicken, lots of water! No sugar or processed junk food.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @FatKittah hi! I haven’t been posting much here but I have been mildly stalking you on Reddit to see how things are going (sorry if that is creepy). I’m keeping everything crossed for IVF to work out for you guys, and best of luck getting back in shape! I gained 20 lbs when we were trying, too, and now I’m going to have to wait until baby is here to lose it. You’ve got this! <3
  • lcsnow21
    lcsnow21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @FatKittah Hi I just found this group while searching "IVF". I'm in my first round right now. I had my retrieval and am awaiting FET. I am doing an ERA test first so my FET is delayed one cycle. I'm blowing up because my eating has gotten so out of control between the meds and the emotions. Its nice to feel I'm not alone.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    lcsnow21 wrote: »
    @FatKittah Hi I just found this group while searching "IVF". I'm in my first round right now. I had my retrieval and am awaiting FET. I am doing an ERA test first so my FET is delayed one cycle. I'm blowing up because my eating has gotten so out of control between the meds and the emotions. Its nice to feel I'm not alone.

Hi! Welcome to the group!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    @FatKittah im so glad ypure back! Im sorry to hear about your infertility :( and Im sorry if i said anything to make the situation worse, not my intent! But im very glad you are back, i missed chatting woth you.

@Icsnow21 welcome to the group too!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @FatKittah Welcome back! Sorry that it's been such a rough road. Cheering you on with your science baby!
    @Icsnow21 welcome! best of luck