MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2019

Options

Replies

• Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Back from my son’s hockey tournament - his team won the whole thing!

I didn’t do too bad with food this weekend. Stayed away from the arena food, no alcohol, no bad food in our hotel room.

Got home tonight and got a treadmill workout in which felt great.

Goals for tomorrow:

1. Plan my meals in the morning
    2. Drink at least 80ozs of water
    3. Wear my Fitbit and try for 7K steps
    3. Fold laundry and put it away - do @Jactop’s laundry walk to help me with my steps!

I did the laundry walk on Friday!! Such a great idea @Jactop
    I had to go from my kitchen - through lounge area, upstairs to bedroom - and back. I put something like 20 pieces of clothes away one at a time this way. Jogged back & forth. Really racked up the steps😬
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lots a great losses being posted from this team. Way to go! B)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Tracked
    Calorie under
    Water Over
    Steps 9138
    exercise none
    goals get over 12000 steps. All ready done 130 mins aquasize
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I agree @Jactop laundry walk is a great idea. I do it often. Lol. I also like her suggestion to think about people sneezing or not washing their hands and touching food that you want to avoid eating.

I feel it is time that I can start checking in and getting back to the land of the living. Need to give some thoughts to specific goals. It’s been awhile. Lol
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

The mods invite you to join in our Week 2 challenge. Taking us back to our childhood with a Sesame Street themed Challenge......THE LETTER P!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10726381/feb-week-2-mod-challenge-the-letter-p#latest

The Letter P! Too fun!

Here's a link to some "Pilates at home" options in case someone else is interested, too. I'll be trying some of these!

https://greatist.com/fitness/10-minute-pilates-workout
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I agree @Jactop laundry walk is a great idea. I do it often. Lol. I also like her suggestion to think about people sneezing or not washing their hands and touching food that you want to avoid eating.

I feel it is time that I can start checking in and getting back to the land of the living. Need to give some thoughts to specific goals. It’s been awhile. Lol

Hey, @sunshineplace - We are glad you are here. Ramp things up at whatever speed works for you. 🤗🤗
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 40 minute treadmill walk

Today was a busy day at work so I did way too much sitting. I have an eye appointment tomorrow and not sure if I will be able to work out or not. I've never had my eyes dilated and I probably will tomorrow since hubby is making go to his eye doctor instead. Hmm? :#

Steps:

2/9-8081
    2/10-4218 (day off and too much sitting :/ )
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories - under
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - 5.5 mile run

Run went much better than expected, given the circumstances of the last couple of weeks. It was slow, but no walking and no issues with breathing.
    We are supposed to be getting a snowstorm tomorrow, so now I'm sitting here waiting and hoping for an early dismissal call. I feel like mine is the only school district that isn't going to call it. :s
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories; under
    Water: over
    Exercise; spin, BodyCombat, ran 1 mile
    Tomorrow: more the same, and don't start eating carbs when I'm baking a birthday cake

Steps; 12,106
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    In two years with this group, I've never gotten into the groove of check-ins on the weekend. I think it is my weird second job schedule. Anyway, I did good with the cookie challenge on Saturday (as in no cookies). The knee didn't get the workout (via snow shovel) that it had the three previous weekends and, as a result, is actually functional today. :smiley:

As for Monday (and Saturday and Sunday)...

Calories - under
    Water - not enough, never enough
    Exercise - not so much (still on reduced activity due to knee)
    Goals for Tuesday - Pre-log food for the rest of the week.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Monday Checkin
    Water: on target; going to go drink a cup of warm herbal tea now to bump myself over the line
    Exercise: martial arts, plus some bonus yoga
    Tuesday: Stay on food plan, meet/exceed the water goal, and get at least some walking in (45+ min after evening meeting) so the steps number to post tomorrow night isn't as embarrassing! I need to plan walks on Monday and Wednesday to make up for low steps those days (steps in martial arts class are not counted). Probably not going to get a walk in tonight, though, as busy with work.

Steps: 2,777
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Monday (Day Off) Check In
    Tracked
    Calories:under
    Water:over
    Exercise 13,408 Steps
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Exercise: just a 30-min walk plus steps at work
    Water: enough

Goals:
    Stay in the green
    If it rains all day, go to the gym. If not, a longer walk will work.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 2
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 214.2
    Current weight : 209.0

Steps
    2/09 - 6,422
    2/10 - 14,647

Wow! Fantastic!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @UTMom81 and @TeresaW1020 my heart breaks for both of you. My kids are in their early twenties and I can't imagine what you both are dealing with. Your strength is inspiring.

Sunday and Monday check in
    Calories: under today
    Water: good
    Exercise: nothing formal. Steps are lite today but 14k yesterday with a laundry walk

Tomorrow's goal: stick to my food plan and squeeze in some strength training. I've been slacking in that area lately
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Monday check in......
    Calories great
    Water decent
    Exercise: I finally had a cardio/weights workout! Started slow with 30 minutes. 15,000 steps today.

Goal for tomorrow: track food and water, workout or high steps, and plan more specific goals.

Very happy with my day.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories: over but not by much
    Exercise: does laundry walk count as formal exercise? 😊

Steps: 9542
    Water: met my 80 oz goal!

Goals for tomorrow:

1. Plan my meals in the morning✅
    2. Drink at least 80ozs of water✅
    3. Wear my Fitbit and try for 7K steps✅
    3. Fold laundry and put it away - do @Jactop’s laundry walk to help me with my steps!✅
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Monday Check in
    Calories - under
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - 5.5 mile run

Run went much better than expected, given the circumstances of the last couple of weeks. It was slow, but no walking and no issues with breathing.
    We are supposed to be getting a snowstorm tomorrow, so now I'm sitting here waiting and hoping for an early dismissal call. I feel like mine is the only school district that isn't going to call it. :s

Great job on the run!
This discussion has been closed.