New to Weightloss surgery

Options
schaferelsa
schaferelsa Posts: 27 Member
I was sleeved Dec 2018! I went to Mexico and I have no regrets! I’m looking to meet others on the journey no matter where you are or when you had your surgery. My heaviest weight was 240 Surgery weight was 216 and I’m at 189 now. My Goal is 160-170 and anything lower than that is just a plus. Would love to make some friends that I can talk to and share about eating and exercise and general life style. I’m a wife and mom and work full time. Would love to see some food diaries to get some ideas. I’m falling into a rut of eating the same things over and over cause I can’t figure out what else to choose. Look forward to hearing from y’all!

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm days away from my 4 year post surgery date. I've sent you a friend request. My daily food log is open to friends.

It sounds like you're doing great and post goal weight I tended to eat the same foods day after day. I think I had 5 go to meals and I just repeated them one after the other because they worked in keeping me on track.
  • schaferelsa
    Options
    Thanks !! I am afraid to eat things I know don’t agree like dairy and whole grains. Some cheese is okay and some kill me. I’m doing about 2-3 oz in a sitting. Which my doctor said is okay. But I miss big bites and eating and loving it. Now I eat cause I have to!!!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Thanks !! I am afraid to eat things I know don’t agree like dairy and whole grains. Some cheese is okay and some kill me. I’m doing about 2-3 oz in a sitting. Which my doctor said is okay. But I miss big bites and eating and loving it. Now I eat cause I have to!!!

Keep following your prescribed plan. I promise, it gets better. I'm 3+ years out and haven't eaten grains. They bloat me. Don't eat what you can't tolerate, plenty of other options out there!

Ironically, @jcavanna2 and I were just talking about how you can and will get back to eating and loving it. Always eat because you must. It's a fuel. That thought helps keep me in check...however, I LOVE food. I love experimenting with food. I love cooking and sometimes dabbling with baking. I love figuring out ways to make foods more bari friendly. You'll get there...

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my four year surgiversary on January 20th.

I will second what Nicole said. If foods don’t agree with you continue to avoid them and find pleasure in eating the things you can. Time will give you the ability to adjust your intake. It gets easier! Don’t try to push too fast and lose the function of the sleeve.

You’re doing great with your weight loss! Hang in there!
  • SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved at the beginning of December 2018! I'm still figuring it out, but I'm getting there 😊
  • schaferelsa
    Options
    Me too me too!!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery and agree with what everyone else says. I use so many websites for meal ideas and happy to share if you would like. Here are a few to get you started - some healthy and others not specifically so but you can put into portion controlled containers

Skinnytaste
    Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
    Emily Bites
    Damn Delicious
    Keto Daily
    All Day I Dream About Food
    Peas and Crayons
    Oh She Glows
    Once Upon A Chef
    Bariatric Eating
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved Dec 2018! I went to Mexico and I have no regrets! I’m looking to meet others on the journey no matter where you are or when you had your surgery. My heaviest weight was 240 Surgery weight was 216 and I’m at 189 now. My Goal is 160-170 and anything lower than that is just a plus. Would love to make some friends that I can talk to and share about eating and exercise and general life style. I’m a wife and mom and work full time. Would love to see some food diaries to get some ideas. I’m falling into a rut of eating the same things over and over cause I can’t figure out what else to choose. Look forward to hearing from y’all!

We are almost similar. I had.weight loss surgery in december 2017 . 260 was my highest weight. I lost 70 pounds. I am restarting my protocol. Already lost 4 pounds in 1 week doing Intermittent Fasting...the 16:8 method.