February 12 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• yellowwhistle
    yellowwhistle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    February 12th
    Exercise: Yes - 25 mins HIIT
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • ruthiewhy
    ruthiewhy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    February 12th
    Exercise: yes, just 20 minutes of yoga, it was all I had time for this evening.
    Calories: yes, under by a couple of hundred again (trying to make up for this past weekend...)
    Tracked: yes!
  • bocasdelcrazygrandpabob
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    We are expecting ~ 16 inches (40 cm) of snow to start midafternoon tomorrow, and not stop for most of 24 hrs.

Update snow expected to start falling about 1 pm today, and not stop falling until ~ 2 am THURSDAY. Total accumulation will depend on how much has already fallen south-west of us before it gets here.

Windsor, Toronto, London buried RIGHT NOW.

Some weird thing about me thinks I would like that much snow. In my imagination I would just have a fireplace and a pile of firewood. I would just lounge there with a book or two.
    Then my memory traces back to the days of my misspent youth.
    Snowdrift as high as my barn. Neighbors digging each other out with front end loaders.

Car... I couldn't even tell where my car was.

But I lost a few pounds in that storm. I ran out of food and there was no way to get to the store. Cans of green beans but there ain't much food value in them. I'd have give anything for the magical ability to turn them into cans of chile.

Memory playing tricks on me. Boy howdy, that was an adventure.

It's only good when there is a strong wall and working furnace between you and the storm .... but yeah ... I hear you about the pleasure of (well stocked) short-term snowed in ... About to call Hubby and make sure there is nothing I should stock up on between work and home ... not expecting to be about to get off our street tomorrow ...

Heh! Furnace! That tickled an old memory. House I had was built in like the 20's or 30's. It had a coal furnace in the basement. You would burn coal in it and the heat would rise convection wise up through the first floor and hypothetically up to the second floor.

So much for that idea. I ended up moving into the basement and hanging out next to the coal pile. So much for fireplace and firewood.

Couple of weeks previously I got all diligent and stapled up plastic sheet on the inside of all the windows. Poor man's storm windows.

During the storm, when that wind was howling, all of that plastic was bowed in. So that kind of indicated that the wind caused that house to be a vacuum, you know, negative pressure condition. I was cold. I was sleeping in the coal. I was dirty.

Man o man! I don't know why my memory romanticizes that sort of thing.

Here I sit. I went for a bike ride today. It was 30 f degrees. That is kind of like tropical compared to that storm.
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3