Acne...

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
On day 127 of Keto....

I feel like a teenager again, and not in a good way! I started getting pimples right before my period. Last month was less, just 1 or 2...this month I have 5! One by my lip, 2 on my chin and 2 on my neck! They are HUGE!

I know my hormones are doing something...and I hope it's all for the better...but has anyone else noticed these changes? Ladies...PCOS...anyone?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YES!!!

I had a phase like this...I'm peri-menopausal, so I wasn't sure how much of it was that vs how much was keto related, so I don't know...but it lasted...2-3 months maybe...and then it just vanished as suddenly as it started.

Hang in there!!!
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    YES!!!

I had a phase like this...I'm peri-menopausal, so I wasn't sure how much of it was that vs how much was keto related, so I don't know...but it lasted...2-3 months maybe...and then it just vanished as suddenly as it started.

Hang in there!!!

@tcunbeliever I am hanging on, believe me! I just find it interesting how it all happens so slowly...little things here and there...hair loss, pimples...weaker muscles...then all of the sudden BAM!! We become even more beautiful swans!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It’s amazing the changes the body goes through while healing itself! It will improve over time. Your body is adjusting to a normal hormone level for you now. Isn’t it amazing to experience all of these changes? Some can be aggravating but we do come out of them so much better!
  • maddieschaffer
    maddieschaffer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes girrrrl! I have too. I noticed I would get multiple little annoying pimples closer to my period, but then after my period had passed, the acne remained on. my. face. It was in specific areas too like on the left side of my cheek, and right on my forehead in between my eyebrows.
    I looked it up, specifically where my acne was at, and it said some of the causes of acne in those areas was from a high-fat diet. I've been doing Keto for a while, so I was a little shocked to be getting acne so late in the game, but what I did was continue to drink more water, and I added only a small portion carbs to the mix (my fat consumption was pretty high, and carbs were very low), and my skin did clear up a month later.
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    Yes girrrrl! I have too. I noticed I would get multiple little annoying pimples closer to my period, but then after my period had passed, the acne remained on. my. face. It was in specific areas too like on the left side of my cheek, and right on my forehead in between my eyebrows.
    I looked it up, specifically where my acne was at, and it said some of the causes of acne in those areas was from a high-fat diet. I've been doing Keto for a while, so I was a little shocked to be getting acne so late in the game, but what I did was continue to drink more water, and I added only a small portion carbs to the mix (my fat consumption was pretty high, and carbs were very low), and my skin did clear up a month later.

HA!! Just looked up pimples on chin...it's hormonal!!

I am glad things are becoming more...regular!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    First month of keto, i had a few facial pimples and im 65! Just figured it was my body adjusting to macro changes.
  • Daedaestar
    Daedaestar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Everyonelies I'm so happy i found this post! I'm only on week 3 of keto and I have the most annoying zit on my chin. I never get them there and certainly not this noticeable. So it has to be Keto. Blah! Hormones
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I started January 4th. 2-3 weeks in I got an early period (I'm on the pill) and pert near bled out. With that I got two very large, very painful cystic pimples on my face. One close to my nostril and one big ol sucker dead center of my chin. That was weeks ago and it's still healing! I just needed braces and head gear to complete the look. Fingers crossed this next period isn't so brutal.
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    @daedaestar and @Shannonigans84 Literally just came back from seeing my gyno...she said they are definitely form the hormones! Not sure if you guys have any issues with them, I do, but to me this tells me that things are being regulated from the inside out...makes me happy!

I got the pimples a few days before my period, got my period and they are both gone now...until next time!