124»

Replies

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    3 X yes
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    2/12

Exercise: Yes. Baseball coaching for 4 hours. Over 10,000 steps.

Calories: Yes.

Tracked: Yes.

Pass days: 1
  • You know what...…….I have not tracked how many days "passed" my pass days I have had. That is good/helpful information like you've done to see the improvement from month to month. Thanks for the unintentional reminder :) I'll go back and check :)

Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes 2.19 miles on the treadmill
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: No

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal:
    Pass Day Count: 4 - I am now disqualified for February

Keep moving forward and keep making progress….I gotta keep on keeping on : )

I need to have a backup plan on the nights I study later for my class, so I am not making a drive-thru run. And it appears that if we eat hamburgers, that automatically means we eat McDonalds....why is this?? I need to change this.[/quote]

• 2/12
    Pass Days exceeded
    Did I exercise: Yes, right at 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calories: over by 23 :( But more actually, if I did not count my exercise it would have been more.
    Did I track: Yes, getting pretty good at that now.
  • I have had six pass days so far for Feb. Maybe I can keep it to no more then 8 for the month ;)
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Exercise: Yes, I actually got my butt up at 615 and went for a 1 mile jog. With the 3 walks I did at work today I racked up over 17K steps! woo hoo!
    Calories: Well under
    Tracked: every bite
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    yes x 3
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • yellowwhistle
    yellowwhistle Posts: 35 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 I know just how you feel. A few times since starting this new way of eating I have planned a 'binge' on all my old favourite foods and alcohol and it was a real insight into how joyless it used to be. Since my last one a couple of weeks ago I have found it much easier to stick to the plan.

@yellowwhistle
    I woke up to your response, and it means SO MUCH to me. It was a big deal for me to share all of that - especially since I could not uncover an underlying reason. I felt some shame. But I think the best thing to do with shame, I read, is to bring it into the light of day. It dissipates.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Here’s what I wrote to a friend after I posted to UAC:

Yesterday was the oddest eating day I think I’ve ever had, but I got through it & now have renewed motivation to eat more nutritiously.

And I didn’t go over calories. And I didn’t finish all the food I ordered, not even half.
    And I wrote in a journal about how it made me feel.

The contrast is how I feel eating my normal meals & yesterdays late large lunch and a dessert dinner was dramatic.

Summary:
    Normal foods: I feel Great❣️❣️❣️
    Last night: mild headache, heartburn, queasy, at one point couldn’t take deep breaths because stomach was full, bloated, thirsty, sluggish...

I will now be eating my normal foods gratefully (and not because I “have” to). Which feels great. I think it’s a lesson I’m still learning, but I’m getting closer to really knowing it.

Successes: reminded myself that one oops won’t make that big a difference.
    Ate mindfully
    Ordered a large side of steamed veggies (a first for the food I was eating)- ate all of them!
    Was kind to myself
    Tried to figure out why- still not sure
    Tracked all
    Journaling so I remember how it feels if I let my old habits dictate what I eat

No problem! ♥️ Don't feel ashamed, we're all learning. Thank you too for sharing and highlighting something that affects us all.
  • LMK20018
    LMK20018 Posts: 38 Member
    February 9,10,11,12
    Yes x3
    Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk
    Yoga
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Excercise: 35 minutes Piyo
    Calories tracked & under goal: Yes, yes!

Upped my calories last night as well - I was not doing well that low. We'll see if an extra 200 are helpful.

Sometime you underestimate your actual non-exercise activity lifestyle when filling in your profile, so yes - DO experiment with levels if you are not doing well at as low a level as MFP suggests. Are you eating back at least half of your exercise calories?

How far are you from target, and how much per week did you set as your target loss rate? The more you have lost, the smaller the rate should be to avoid feeling deprived. I am at 0.5 pounds per week (pre-exercise) but my exercise calories let me eat more while still leaving "~ 100 as deficit in the pot"
  • Heather9033
    Heather9033 Posts: 18 Member
    YES x 3
  • KLD145
    KLD145 Posts: 106 Member
    Yes all 3
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    @yellobird13 Thanks for the ice covered Chicago photos. My office is in the western suburbs. I’ll be back to winter with you next week.

@RangerRickL Enjoy your break from Winter in the sun! It looks awesome!
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Yes x3