Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom - I would eat all the guac (assuming it was just avocado and things like onion and jalapeños and not with mayo or anything like that...) and not feel bad at all about it! I love avocados!

The pie sounds like something my husband would enjoy. My nemesis is cookies... and now it is 'Girl Scout Cookie time!!' Fortunately I caught the Brownie at the front door and not my husband. He would have bought everything she had and in particular thin mints and anything else chocolate. I only bought four boxes and have already hidden one in the freezer. He will take the thin mints and there is one box I am not sure I will even like as I suspect it will be sickening sweet (S'Mores cookies).

I had 2 of the Peanut Butter patties with a protein mocha coffee and my calories and macros are still ok.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Guac with mayo would be an abomination!

The pie is so good.

I just ordered some GSC. I got one box of Samoas and one box of Trefoils for myself. Everything else is for other people! Hopefully I can stretch those boxes out, but more than likely, I'll be eating a whole box of Samoas for lunch on Saturday.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    The office lunch room was full of treats for lunar New Year today and I definitely indulged. But the rest of the day has been sensible.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Happy new year! Oink oink! (Oh its year of the brown pig. Not a fat joke).

I'm a white dog. What are you?

Food? Uhh...m-f Coffee, super burritos, and diet Coke.. no time to eat, been working late, night classes then studying... mmm pie.
  • sarahthes
    Options
    I'm a Monkey... but bananas give me stomach cramps now :(. They didn't used to...
  • shanaber
    Options
    I'm a sheep - lol...

@sarahthes - that is one of the biggest reasons I liked working from home. I did not have to worry or deal with all the food everyone brought in.

I had an ok food day... I am enjoying the strawberries DH got me, on my yogurt in the morning - so good! I wasn't much hungry for lunch after working. I was cold and really just wanted something to drink so I made myself a mocha coffee with chocolate protein powder and some Starbucks mocha powder. Oh and I had peanut butter pattie GS cookies (2) with it. Dinner was good. I made salsa chicken in the IP with some refried beans and a big salad.

I did break my no alcohol during the week rule. Had to have a glass of wine to make it through the SOTU address...
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Last weekend was tough. A big weight jump from two long runs, two big meals out and going out for drinks. The bump is coming down now. Yesterday, with a 1500+ calorie deficit after a 10 mile run helped. So far no huge hunger or cravings today.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes I always chew gum or brush my teeth because it makes it easier to not eat with a minty fresh mouth.

I think I'm a monkey. When I was a kid I hated being a monkey and wanted to be a tiger.

Celiac disease makes it really easy to avoid food at work. I see it and think I'd like a donut (or whatever) but know how sick I'd be.

Today I am back to logging after a week off for vacation! We usually eat well on vacation but usually just have breakfast and dinner and walk a ton.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I always hated being the dog and wanted to be the dragon. Funny thing though, I think I am the dog.

I’ve had an exhausting week. I missed lunch today to get tires replaced after the SURPRISE! tires are warped and won’t hold air yesterday. Tires ordered and now on car. Dumb reset prompt came back on, I just am to tired to go verify it just needs reset.

Our male cat is in a male cat mood and it’s pissing me off. Why!? *kitten*. My phones being stupid and not making calls nor receiving them-occasionally. It is dang cold. Gah! I don’t have time to run, and its dang cold outside... our new thermostat was installed wrong so when it was 80 last week ... ya 80. The ac wouldn’t work. Fellas came out and worked for hours to figure it out. It was wired where the heat and ac came on together. Now it’s 20... 20... gah!

My dizziness has gone.
    It’s the weekend
    I made a er an? One hundred on my A&P test. Waaaah? 🤯
    95 on the dev psych test...
    After sleep food and lots of coffee I’ll get on the nutrition class... (of course I have an A there too... nerds).
    And I’ll run soon... if it’s warmer. Ok if it’s sunny. I can do cold. Not 🥶 and 💨. For now I’m on a cat pee hunt. *kitten*. Anyone ever figure out why mfp chose “kitten”? 🤔
  • shanaber
    Options
    @Elise4270 - Congratulations on your tests and making it through a tough week! Hopefully you can relax this weekend and next week will be better!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I dropped out of this thread for a while, hope everyone’s doing well or at least keeping on! I’ve been frustrated recently at my inability to stick to a deficit long enough to lose those last 20 pounds, which have crept up to become a last 25 pounds, sigh. The scale tipped 160 this morning for the second time this month and I’ve decided to take that as a bit of a kick in the butt to try something different.

iwbjmyazslqb.png

Pictured above: last 30 days of data plus 2/1/18 through today

I’ve put together two meal plans that will net me around a 1000 calorie/day deficit. I’m going to try and stick to the plan for 6 days a week through the end of February (with one maintenance day per week) and see how that does me. It’s a little more aggressive and structured than I’ve used in the past, but after about a year swinging around the same 10-pound range, I think it’s time to give something new a try.

My main goal is to get back to 155 so my current jeans fit a little better and my driver’s license is accurate again - that should take right around three weeks on this plan. At that point I’ll probably try for a month maintaining (lots of birthdays in March, including my own) and then evaluate.

Skimming the last few pages it looks like accountability is the byword, so I’ll try and check in regularly for a little peer pressure!

And now I'm off for part two of trying something different: dusting off the exercise bike! /shudder
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    After two bumps upward my weight is trending back down. I'm doing much better with food this weekend, both by making better choices and not eating back all of my run calories.

I made pheasant curry in the IP last night, using Greek yogurt instead of coconut milk. It's really tasty though I forgot to figure out the calories so I'll have to guess.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    I took cookie and candy breaks yesterday while cleaning and did not get a run in. I think I forgot to record some of it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I need to be better. My weight is pretty steady, fluctuating between 157 and 158 each week instead of just going down. Also, weight lifting needs to be more consistent.
  • sarahthes
    Options
    Been eating a lot of takeout. It's just so hard to get out and go grocery shopping when the weather is so terrible! We are going after work today so food should be back on track again.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I didn't eat well over the weekend, especially Saturday. When we have agility trials I tend to think I will get Starbucks oatmeal on the way and then figure out lunch there but I always take snacks like carrots or tangerines with me. I didn't have time for Starbucks and ended up not eating enough either day and then was exhausted and ravenous when I got home. We got take out salads and a flatbread pizza for me and regular pizza for the DH on Saturday. Sunday we were supposed to have dinner with the BIL and SIL but they cancelled at the last minute so we repeated salad takeout and had leftover pizza. Not terrible choices but too much carbs for sure.

@sarahthes - I hate to go grocery shopping and put it off all the time and I have no weather issue to use as an excuse :) I guess I could blame the rain, but not really.

I think I need to get back on track weighing myself and taking it every day. I haven't done it for a while - I think I am afraid to see it bouncing all over the place...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @sarahthes @shanaber I hate grocery shopping. I love the ease of Green Chef but its far too expensive for regular use. I ak slowly wearing DH down on click list.
  • Elise4270
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Solidarity post. Might humiliate me in to skipping the next round of 12 cinnamon rolls... Eh why fight the pms?

cwoqq21htfed.jpg

• Elise4270
    Options
    We're in Dallas today. Stopped in to revisit a thai- lao eatery. Dh said my food smelled like dead cat. It was good. I've had it before except last time i had dead chicken. Today was beef larb salad. It has fish sauce, so i expect thats what gives it that wet alpo smell. Haha! Aww. Now i had to stop so he can have a drink to get the dead cat taste out. Haha!
  • sarahthes
    Options
    I'm mostly just lurking. It's one of my family's 2 birthday weeks so cake. Hubby and youngest on the 12th & 19th.

The next birthday week is end of April/beginning of May (me & oldest kid).