Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes @shanaber I hate grocery shopping. I love the ease of Green Chef but its far too expensive for regular use. I ak slowly wearing DH down on click list.

I love click list, only problem is I don't get inspired to try new things. So I think I am planning to supplement click list for regular stuff with trips to the foreign market for more exotic fish, veggies, fruits, spices, and so on.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Halfway through day three of my cut, and it’s going well so far (I like calling it a cut instead of a diet - makes me feel like a bodybuilder instead of a chubbster). Actually I’m having a really good week generally and I’m not sure why - I don’t see how eating 1000 or so fewer calories would be improving my mood or keeping me on task, but so it goes. Also, I’m down a pound between today and yesterday, who knows why.

Brunch and groceries with my mom this morning means front-loading calories, which I’m not a huge fan of, but life goes on. I’m currently eating a leftover sausage link for a boost before strength class today. Note to self - leftover sausage link zapped for 20 seconds in the microwave is a tasty snack.

Grocery shopping was a breeze since I’ve got all of my food planned out for the next couple of weeks. I’m actually enjoying not thinking about what to eat. I’m still eating more or less the same things as usual, just more constrained portions, and no extras or beverage calories unless I manage some extra workout burn. I don’t think I’d want to meal plan as a maintenance strategy, but it’s working pretty well for now.

Starting Weight: 160.0 (2/9/19)
    Current Weight: 157.8 (2/13/19)
    Target Weight: 154.9 (2/28/19)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    r8h10nngcywj.jpg
    Hmm... I may need a new scale battery. Or is there another fluctuation in the N/S poles allowing some gravity disturbances..
  • Elise4270
    Options
    What are we eating today?

I'm in dallas so I'll probably spring for Panera on the way home.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons for breakfast, freshii for lunch.

Probably shouldn't get takeout for supper, ha.

I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night and it was heaven. Just need a few more days like that.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Mmm Panera Cuban...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    We had Subway for lunch and leftovers for dinner. Tomorrow night we are going out for steaks or fish or something...
    DH got me 2lbs of See's Chocolates for Valentines Day I think mostly because he knows I won't eat them so he can <sigh> I also made him really good chocolate chip cookies. There is too much chocolate and sugar in this house!

Nice weight drop @eliese4270! Not eating because of stress?
  • shanaber
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Solved the "weight" issue. There was a piece of cat kibble under it. Haha! Did not lose 8 pounds overnight.

Hahahahaha - this is awesome!!!
    They were just trying to get you in a super good mood 🤣
  • MegaMooseEsq
    edited February 2019
    Options
    One week down and I’m still feeling pretty good, even if we did go out drinking this weekend which turned my “one day at maintenance” into “three days at maintenance”. So it goes. I did manage to avoid eating all the food after coming home from the bar on Saturday night, which I will consider a win, even if I did give in to fast food on Sunday.

jj02ciecxexv.png
    Numbers!

I’m happy to see that my 15-day trend has been negative for the last six days, even with the extra imbibing this weekend. My weight this morning was also the lowest I've seen since January 22nd, boom! I haven't gotten back to my low weight for the last 30 days yet, but I'm getting there.

Not counting the weekend, I've been coming in a bit over my net calorie target more often than not, but considering that I've set a pretty aggressive deficit, I'm fine with where the numbers are sitting. I might up my goal by 100-200 calories just so MFP will give me some extra head pats. Or not. You're not the boss of me, MFP!

My personal projections, which I've tweaked over the last couple of years to generally err on the side of conservative, have me down to 154.0 by the end of the month, which would be a nice place to hang out through March. I'm trying not to think too far in the future here, but I'm tentatively optimistic that this "cut/maintain" cycle could get me to my target weight by the end of the year. Slow and steady worked great for 50 pounds, but this seems to be working better for me right now.

Starting Weight: 160.0 (2/9/19)
    Current Weight: 156.3 (2/19/19)
    Target Weight: 154.9 (2/28/19)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Ian will always be this to me in my heart.
    5ub99kxqqx0f.jpg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to @sarahthes son!

I need to keep logging (slacking last couple of days) and trying not to go over calories. It's been a struggle lately. Also, weigh in more? The issue is scale is in the other bathroom because our bathroom is not set up to keep a scale out and if I put it away will I remember to take it out? Probably not.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Still not where I wanted to be by this time with my weight, but have had some good weeks of logging. Even kept myself from binging yesterday, which was good. Was a little disappointed over the weekend--I had banked a bunch of calories for a meal out at a southern-style restaurant--mac n cheese and beignets. I've been there before at lunch and raved about it. We went for dinner and it's as though everything had been prepared for lunch and just kept warm for dinner. It made it easy to not overindulge, but was a bummer to spend so many calories on an average meal!
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Well... grocery shopping me was back on track.

The “now” me wonders why there is no food in this house, only ingredients. Even winter loving me thinks the weather is ridiculous. So, no running, and I may have bribed myself with wine to at least do something resembling a lifting workout.

Not sure if any of that results in a win. Ugh
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    Has anyone used Noom?

I did their "free consult" this morning and they claim I can lose 28 pounds by June following their plan.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @runsonespresso - I have not but I am pretty leery of all of the 'lose weight quick' plans.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @runsonespresso - I have not but I am pretty leery of all of the 'lose weight quick' plans.

Yah, same here. It's almost 2 pounds a week. Playing around in MFP and to lose 2 per week is like 1200 calories. I would die.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

Yah, same here. It's almost 2 pounds a week. Playing around in MFP and to lose 2 per week is like 1200 calories. I would die.

Assuming their numbers are roughly accurate then it's probably possible to lose that much weight in that period of time, but I don't think there are any tricks to making a deficit like that not suck unless you're starting from a pretty high TDEE. And it's all about compliance, right?